Anyone at the Fringe?

photekphotek Frets: 1463
I am heading up tomorrow for the a few days for the first time. Anyone going or been before? Any tips, placves to eat / drink? Places to avoid!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited August 2013
    "Say your prayers and eat your vitamins."  

:-? Probably a good site to get a feel for what the crowd likes.

Figuring out some food and watering in advance saves enough for more tickets.

[Long term resident, I avoid like the plague. But the coverage gets better each year. ;))]
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Great stuff thanks. Day one done, 6 hour drive followed by lots of walking, a couple of great street performances (not by me!) now time for sleep ready for the shows tomorrow.
  • Would be interested to hear of any reports of anyone who saw Beverley (ex-wife of John) Martyn there... Her first live gigs in God-knows how long?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Didn't catch Beverly Martyn, in fact I barely caught anything I intended to. I will happily recommend the Fringe to anyone into stand up comedy, food, beer or music. We had a blast, saw lots of shows, free and paid for and met plenty of crazy people. Like a more civilised music festival I guess :) 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Arriving on the 22nd to drop Miss Mags at school. Will defo see some shows. Memories of Jim Rose and getting wazzed with Howard Marx mean I love the Fringe...