Any pro sound engineers here? A bit of help needed :)

xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
I'm helping spec out a full in house sound system and I'm struggling a bit. I'm an experienced gigging guitarist so know quite a bit from a musicians perspective I'm just struggling a bit on the techy side of things. Could i PM someone with the equipment list so far and a few comments just to make sure we get the right thing? :) 

would REALLY appreciate the help! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds like you might want to pay a real expert to advise.  If so, try Howard at Base Sound - he's reasonable and very good www.basesound.co.uk
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    What kind of size venue, how big's the stage, what's the budget? 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    The venue is a church, lots of reflective surfaces so this is purely an interim solution. We know sound quality is compromised. Its had three experts have a look and I think they've overlooked a couple of bits as I can highlight when I email equipment list :) budget is £7k. We have it costed up to about 6k so far. In the next five years it is getting a proper 50k plus job done but we need something for the meantime!
    The venue is a church, lots of reflective surfaces so this is purely an interim solution. We know sound quality is compromised. Its had three experts have a look and I think they've overlooked a couple of bits as I can highlight when I email equipment list :) budget is £7k. We have it costed up to about 6k so far. In the next five years it is getting a proper 50k plus job done but we need something for the meantime!
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Hmmm - assuming that you'll want as unobtrusive visually as possible then? 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Way too many variables- even knowing the room, budget and the band.
    There are many ways to skin this particular cat.
  • Send me venue and kit details ect will have a look for you 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    octatonic said:
    Way too many variables- even knowing the room, budget and the band.
    There are many ways to skin this particular cat.
    I appreciate that: it's just an interim solution for now. For the main installation in a few years we will be getting sound mapping technology in etc and doing it properly. 

Oh and visually it doesn't matter, the space is a church yet it's deordaned and is now a multi use space though we have a lot of funding for the work we do with young bands :) 
    Send me venue and kit details ect will have a look for you 
    Fab, really appreciate it. There's only one or two little bits i'm unsure on. 
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    If you want another pair of eyes on it, feel free to PM it over. I do lots of work for and with churches from a sound point of view - my most regular venue, in fact, is a church!
    Hey Bob, much appreciated though I think i have narrowed down a few of the queries I had. If anything else arisises I'll be sure to drop you a PM and thank you for your offer of some advice :) 

Also, a big thank you to maltingsaudio for clarifying a few things! 

Cheers.