Enlighten me

Quite fancy one of these as a gnarly single pickup job may be a Prails or a home brew bucker for slide

Just not quite sure what all the pot holes are for or the dinky scratch plate. So behind the the times :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Volume, tone, single-humbucker blend and... Er...

Killswitch. :)
  • volume and tone for each coil !!!!! duh !!! ;)
  • volume and tone for each coil !!!!! duh !!! ;) Kill switch

Makes a simple guitar complicated :-)

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    More holes to put 'guitar stuff' in, what's not to like???
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • You could probably squeeze a SHO in there without any mods, especially if you used mini pots.  Might even fit a battery in.  

So, active boost, volume, tone, and variable coil shunt.  BOOM.  

Or, 2 outputs and piezo saddles.

Or... Wait, a single pickup guitar is normally simples.  Hmm.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9982
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader
    I could sell you some filler :)
    Actually my Pink Terror test guitar is in a a single pickup strat guise at the moment (on holidays with Katie ... the Oil City trainee at the moment) I'd use a two control single pickup scratch plate ... volume and coil split pot ... does it all.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    edited December 2013
    Since the top one has a toggle switch hole that implies two pickups, I'd guess it's for a piezo bridge.

The bottom one you could put a 3-way or 5-way Strat switch or a Superswitch in and get all sorts of options from one pickup - series, parallel, either coil, out of phase, semi-split…

I was a bit disappointed the first time I opened up a Tom Delonge Strat and found there was only a rout for the volume control and no room to put anything else in. You can still do a coil split with a push-pull though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson