Anyone else play a Tanglewood guitar ?

I play a Tanglewood TW1000. It's a dreadnought shape and although these shaped guitars are generally loud, since I changed the plastic bridge pins for the brass type it is even louder.

No real need for an amplifier anymore !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TroyTroy Frets: 224
    Yes, I have a Tanglewood Earth 200GC but I haven't changed my bridge, lol
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    My main gigging guitar is an Atkin OM-28H Retrospective but I need a backup that can just lie around at home and be taken out to venues where the Atkin could get damaged/nicked. A couple of years ago I bought a Tanglewood TW55-VSE, a cutaway super-jumbo with all solid back, front and sides and top-notch Fishman electronics (they are about £720 new). It's a great looking and sounding guitar and ideal for a singer/guitarist who mainly strums but ultimately not for me because I'm primarily a finger-picker. So that one's going up for sale.

Looking for a replacement with a budget of around £500 I must have tried about ten acoustics of different styles and makes: Seagull, Breadlove, Yamaha, Simon & Patrick, Sigma, Takamine, Tanglewood and a couple of others I can't remember. The stand-out guitar was a Tanglewood TW40 OA N E, an OM-style guitar with solid front but laminated mahogany back and sides. For a guitar costing less than a fifth of the Atkin it plays and sounds acceptably good. Just what I needed.

I'd never heard of Tanglewood before buying the TW55 but they are pretty decent guitars for the money. Unfortunately, as a company they let themselves down with non-existent customer service. Resale values are also not so good but at used prices they can be quite good value.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I play a TW47 which was excellent when I bought it five years ago but now I have had it fully set up, piezo removed and replaced with an under body piezo and brass bridge pins fitted.

I have tried many guitars since and not found one that suits better.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    I've got a TW133, small bodied mahogany parlour. Lovely little thing, and actually quite loud for its size.