Help identifying 'Fender' Bass Guitar Neck/Head

LittleWingLittleWing Frets: 0
Hello, I was hoping someone could help identify a Bass Guitar neck/head. I don't know much about guitars and was given this by a friend a while ago. The neck is quite heavy and has a sticker/decal(?) on the head which reads Fender, Serial Number N901572 , JAZZ BASS MADE IN USA , American Traditional. The decal looks like it has not been applied properly or is coming off. The back of the neck has no information and the base of the neck has a white sticker and a stamped J V or J A . The fretboard is a light colour - it seems darker in the images but in reality looks like a light rosewood colour. (The full image of the whole neck captures this the best.) The base also has a metal cylinder part which can come out. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. All 9 Images can be seen at: http://imgur.com/a/jh7vO Thank you!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited June 2016
    I'm not an expert, but we have @MattFGBI on the forum who may be able to shed some more information
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    It looks like a US neck based on the truss rod plug and base of the neck. Is that the truss rod anchor?
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Replied on the other thread. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com