SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Manc-based ambient/post-rock/electronica project

Anyone interested in this sort of thing around the Manchester area? I have a fair amount of experience and pro setup. I have a band so this would just be a chilled, casual thing to begin with. Mainly a recording project, but open to ideas.

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I would but live two hours drive north.

Recording aspect would be easy enough though.
  • Hi mate,

That's no problem as it's mainly a studio thing I'm looking at for now. Could message me a link etc?

Cheers @Deijavoo.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    what sort of stuff are you thinking sounds nice?
    The idea sounds interesting

Loop Guru?
  • No set agenda really. I've been working on a different style of project for a few years so I don't have anything new, but I have about 30 unfinished ideas floating around.

Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.

• Evening warped.....

What sort of input are you looking for? Musicians to augment what you've done? Writing partners or lyrics/vocals? A particular instrument or style?

• Yeah I'd probably be interested, based in south Manchester. Will drop you a PM tomorrow.
  • WarpedSoundsWarpedSounds Frets: 79
    edited July 2016
    Hi folks

Cheers for the messages. There's no agenda at the mo. I just wanted to see whether there was interest. I have a fairly hefty collection of little ideas and loops, but I'd rather build them with others and add to their own ideas.

I am in a band at present so I'm not expecting a huge commitment. Just something nice and chilled. See what comes of it.

I'm a big fan of ethereal textures of ambient and post-rock (Hammock/Sigur Ros/God is an Astronaut etc), but with more aggressive and 'punchy' grooves/messed up electronic noises/arps, but I am open to ideas and suggestions.

I think, for now, it would make sense to email ideas between whoever wants to get involved and build on them at home. No travelling/rehearsing needed.

Feel free to message me if it sounds like something you could get involved with.

Cheers.
  • I'd definitely be interested in contributing, love a good soundscape me, also a massive fan of general noise! If you having anything you wanna work on send me something and I'll have a mess around!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    what DAWs are you using?

I'm on Protools and Live, playing with Logic a bit
  • Mainly Logic for writing and Ableton for live stuff. I really should get PT.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    If you get anything recorded, I'd love to give you a remix
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I'm not much of a home recordist but if you decided to take it live I'd be interested in being involved.
  • Thanks for getting in touch folks. It's just a case of putting the feelers out at the mo, but I'll get something more concrete together soon. 

As I said, I'm not looking to dictate so if anyone has any ideas or stuff they want to work on it's cool. Alternatively, I have a few rough sketches to record so I'll get something together shortly. 

Ta,

Ste
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    I'm pretty interested in this too, although you seem to have a lot of interest already! Would love to hear some demos/ideas :)
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
    edited August 2016
    I'm based in Chester, play drums and guitar and tend to flourish in collaborative environments rather than on my own. I'm not massively familiar with the genre so who knows what could happen. Also quite experienced with recording and mixing, Logic is king for me. Check out chriswmusic.com and throw me a PM if you want to do something! If you have too many musicians i'd be really interested in just producing/recording/mixing :)
  • Hi all

Apologies for the silence. I've had my hands full. 

I should have a bit more time to knock a few ideas together now so if you're interested, message me an email address and I'll fire something over in the next couple of weeks. 

Cheers,

Ste