SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Reserse/Lefty Strat Neck SOLD

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
edited January 2014 in Guitars £
SOLD

It feels great - it's unfinshed (I think!) and has no nut, it does have some very nice machineheads (black and chrome, stamped "Made in Germany".   With a tinted lacquer or oil finish the grain will look amazing!

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/C25A76ED-C240-483A-BDCC-EC3D790D81E2_zpsfnwcmmsc.jpg

Hard to capture in a photo but it has some very lovely marbling (is that the term?)
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/02A0E0B9-3AA8-44FD-9332-058D2E6E3500_zps930c2dpd.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Ooh, ooh, ooh. How wide is the neck at the heel ?
    If it's 57mm I'll probably have it !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    To the best of my measuring skills it is just a shade under 57,  maybe 56.7?  - it's a tight fit on the strat bodies I have and a paper width wider than the other strat necks I have here.
    edited January 2014
    John, thanks for taking the time to do that. In a bit of a quandry now. 

I've had a guitar body lying around for a good couple of years now that Si (GuitarGeek62) made for me and have finally decided to build it out into a guitar. 

Only thing is that the neck pocket is nearer to a Charvel 2 1/4" (57.15mm) size than the normal 2 3/16" Fender size. After ages of looking I found and ordered a neck with a 57mm heel from Partscaster last week which should be waiting for me upon my return next week. 

Thing is I really like reversed headstocks & particularly CBS ones so I'm really tempted by yours. 
    Arrrggghhh What to do, yours looks infinitely cooler AND has tuning pegs, but the Partscaster one will probably make for a tighter fit and has a finish and a nut on it. 
    I'm guessing I'm within my rights to return the Partscaster one.. 
    So do you know if your neck has had any fret levelling/dressing on it ?, strikes me that not having to get A neck dressed & levelled would more than offset putting an oiled finish on it and getting a nut cut

Also any intel as to back profile & fret size ? 

Cheers Rob
    That's a tough one - if it helps, it's as wide a strat neck as I've had - the main reason the project hlated was that the first body I already had ready was too tight a fit for it and I didn't want to do any woodwork - I bought the flameblue body thinking the dings wouldn't matter if I had to enlarge the gap but it just squeezed in.
    The frets and profile and very similar to my US strat - it's more of a hand full than my PRS necks - it looks like a 9.5 radius with medium jumbo frets - they are nicely finished - certainly no sharp edges etc.  It has a tiny bit of relief already but I haven't touched the trussrod.

Not sure if that helped or not - so much easier when feel than describe.  If I didn't have too many strats that I don't play I'd have rushed to get it into action....

Hmm, from your description it does sound like it might be 'a bit of me'. can I sleep on it ?
    Right, I've been mulling over this, I think the best plan is to wait until I get home tomorrow and measure the neck pocket on the body. If it's a good fit I'll be in touch

Cheers

Rob
    DrBob said:
    Right, I've been mulling over this, I think the best plan is to wait until I get home tomorrow and measure the neck pocket on the body. If it's a good fit I'll be in touch

Cheers

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Any updates on the neckfit?  :)

Yes, sorry mate, spent the day ripping up floorboards trying to find the source of the leak that's currently running down the pipes leading into my boiler !

Right.

The neck pocket on the candidate body is a bit over 57mm. Seems ridiculous that we're talking fractions of a mill but the thing is that simultaneous to this I've been talking to Grahame who as part of his workshop clearout has got a couple of Strat necks with what seem like the prefect neck heel width. Don't know how much difference having a really tight neck fit makes but I'm inclined to go that way as surely a snug fit all the way round has to help with transfer of vibration

Sorry to have got your hopes up man

DrBob said:
    Yes, sorry mate, spent the day ripping up floorboards trying to find the source of the leak that's currently running down the pipes leading into my boiler !

Right.

The neck pocket on the candidate body is a bit over 57mm. Seems ridiculous that we're talking fractions of a mill but the thing is that simultaneous to this I've been talking to Grahame who as part of his workshop clearout has got a couple of Strat necks with what seem like the prefect neck heel width. Don't know how much difference having a really tight neck fit makes but I'm inclined to go that way as surely a snug fit all the way round has to help with transfer of vibration

Sorry to hear about your flooding - hope it's sorted now!!

Thanks for letting me know - I'm sure it will go quickly, it's a great neck, so no problem at all.
    John_P said:

DrBob said:

Right.

Sorry to hear about your flooding - hope it's sorted now!!

Thanks for letting me know - I'm sure it will go quickly, it's a great neck, so no problem at all.
    Agreed man, that neck is a beaut, and a good price too. I was kind of willing the blades of my Vernier Callipers to stop just south of 57mm when I was measuring the neck pocket.