Another NSD in the offing...

What's Hot
Under £600 game changer. More details ASAP.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Korg Minilogue?
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Izzat the new Behringer one? The teaser vids have been, well, teasy!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    Well, the more I see about the Behringer Deep Mind, the more intrigued I am. It really does look like a hell of a lot of synth for the money ($1k).
    I'm sorted for analogue polysynths, as I have a Jupiter 6, CS60 and Cheetah MS6, but they have stated that they'll be making more. As the Deep Mind is based on the Juno 106 (though heavily expanded), I'm hoping for a 2 oscillator SH-101alike.
    I said maybe.....
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Convinced it's the Minilogue 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Apologies - have been distracted for a few days. It is, indeed, the Behringer - if it sounds as good in person as it seems to on video. The 'under £600' figure was an estimate by a dealer, but Uli has stuck $999 on it, so perhaps it'll be closer to £800 street price by the time it's out?

In the meantime, I fell for this oldie:

Minty and sounds fantastic. Takes a little bit of time to get your head around the sort-of-parallel signal paths, but it's got a very big sweet spot, and can sound huge. Just needs MIDI (perhaps via Beatstep Pro, which would add a sequencer, too)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    That looks fun. Can't make my mind up about the Behringer. The latest vid put me off a bit. Entirely personal, but the mod matrix looks like it'd annoy me, and it looked a tiny bit flimsy too. Does sound pretty impressive though. Expect it'll be closer to a grand when it lands mind you. 
    I'm a big fan of Yamaha's CS range. I have a CS60 and have had some time on the CS40M and CS70M and they all have a different character from any other synth I've played around with.
    I said maybe.....
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    I had (naively) written off that the mono CS range years ago as being a bit weedy - especially compared to the Korg MS-20. I tried the Korg at a recent synth fest here, and it is a proper little beast, for all sorts of sounds. Downloaded the iMS-20 onto the iPad and enjoyed that. So was all set to buy one of those.

But then I saw this CS-15 and went looking on YT. and started to finally understand its weird dual paths. Like Marc Doty's examples on formants, etc. And it does that Vangelis-style brass flare that made the big CSs so famous. Would love to drill some holes and make it patchable, but it's too minty for that indignity! :)