Halloween Gigs

Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
At the weekend our band was asked to play a Halloween gig.  It sounds like it could be fun.  Has anyone got any good or interesting experiences with Halloween gigs?  Did you dress up? Any tips for putting on a good show?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    We did one last year and it was a lot of fun. We all got dressed up and spent a bit of money on novelty crap from Tesco. We did have a stab at learning Thriller but it sounded like arse so we didn't bother playing it.

• We played one last year and were very distracted by all the slutty devils, slutty angels, slutty vampires, slutty zombies, and slutty skeletons. :D We didn't dress up.

We are playing one this year with the theme "zombie vikings". It's outside so furs and helmets may be helpful.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.

• We played one last year and were very distracted by all the slutty devils, slutty angels, slutty vampires, slutty zombies, and slutty skeletons. :D We didn't dress up.

We are playing one this year with the theme "zombie vikings". It's outside so furs and helmets may be helpful.
    That sounds most enjoyable!  I'm wondering about costumes now, I'll have to speak to my brother, he's an entertainer and it seems he has more costumes than Angels! Maybe I can nick something... Hmm.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    We've done a few, and in fact last year we did two (Friday and Saturday). Not sure whether we've got one this year or not but I've kept my costume[1] just in case...

[1] White coat with faked up blood/gore stains, stethoscope, clip-board and sphygmomanometer. I am Herr Doktor von Rockenrohl, pioneer of kitchen table neurosurgery, field expedient lobotomy a specialty...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    We generally go nuts with the costumes and props, here's our costumes from last year 

And stage ...... took longer to set up the ghost and shit than it did the PA 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    Also done a Halloween wedding, that was cool 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    I played a couple of gigs on Halloweens....but none were including costumes :-/ However, seems like people were more up to party on Halloween.