New Amp Model - PR6

What's Hot
RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3139
edited August 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Since launching the Brownie 5 a few months back, I've been inundated with requests/orders for f-style SE amps with both reverb and tremolo in a PR sized box with a 12" speaker, so many in fact that I've now added the model permanently to my lineup.

It's the classic AA1164 front end bolted onto a SE output stage, capable of running 6V6, 6L6, 5881, EL34, and KT66 - puts out approx 6w clean. As stock I provide the amp with a 6L6 but you can have any of the others if you wish. The reverb section is standard BF Fender but the bias tremolo is tweaked to work with a cathode-biased output stage (yes, it still wobbles the OP valve).

Built using Hammond TXs, Jupiter Vintage Yellows tone caps, carbon comp/film resistors, cloth wire, aluminium chassis, WGS G12Q or 'Black and Blue' speakers, and available in a choice of tolex/grille options.

Pictures below of the first one off the bench, this guy went for Teal tolex/wheat cloth with a black faceplate and witch hat knobs. I even had enough tolex left to make a matching reverb bag!

The boards below are not PR6 but for PR18/PB16 builds (one is for @babones ) but are there for reference.

Starts at £1199, many upgrades available inc NOS valves, padded soft cover, and tilt back legs.

Cheers

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
Rift Amplification
Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
Brackley, Northamptonshire
www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Lovely stuff.  I saw it on your Instagram page and was taken by the funky tolex.  The SE Princeton seems like a great addition to your line and like with the Brownie 5 seems like another winner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28119
    That tolex is ace. Needs black grille cloth mind.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    Yay, my board!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom