Worst pedal you've owned?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
Lots f talk about best this and that - just for fun, what have you owned that try as you might you could find to merit in or use for?

For me it was this:

Just horrid. And it needed an odd power supply and connector too. 

Over to you
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I really didn't like the suhr riot, overpriced and pretty bland. I could get identical tones from my bbe am64, which cost me £25.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Boss PS5 pitch shifter. Urrrrrrgh.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited January 2014
    I woulda had that dirty dog, if it's based on the dirt channel on a bandit...

For me, the worst pedal would be the t Rex Bloody Mary. It's a fuzzy distortion, but it's always scooped so it never had any real balls in it, and it's either slightly distorted or really distorted. Shame, t rex do quality kit otherwise.

Edit: yup, based on the Bandit. I'd have had it, I love that gain sound. :D if the lead setting is essentially the gain boost engaged, it sadly lacks a push in mids and high end so doesn't cut much...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    edited January 2014
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz-Wah.

It's not a fuzz-wah, it's a crap wah and a crap distortion in the same pedal casing. It sounds about as much like Jimi as Lenny Kravitz does (in his dreams!). I should have known better… most things with 'Jimi Hendrix' written on them are cynical cash-ins and sound nothing like his gear.

I did at least manage to sell it about a year later for £2 less than I paid, which I think was quite an achievement.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Line 6 Uber Metal.

Just crap.
  • I'm amazed this got past two replies without a mention of the Boss HM-3.

Honourable mention for the Boss LS-2. The only reason it's not top of my list is that I ended up buying a whole new frigging pedalboard so that I could wire it up without excessive cable altitude and tangliness. It still annoys me, but marginally less so now that I can't see the mess of patch cables underneath. I know they're there, but I can pretend they're not.
    <space for hire>
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Boss hm-2 and a boss ac-3
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Morley Classic Wah gets my vote. Too broad a sweep for my tastes. The bass end made my amp sound like a dozen duvets had been chucked on it. The top end always brought the line about Trotsky and icepicks to mind.

It gave me wah-phobia for several years until I recently discovered the joy of Vox.

Has its uses to be fair but it's only classic sounding by Morley standards.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    There are certain forums i hang out on who would admonish you for saying the Boss HM2 is anything but legendary!  ;)

For me the worst pedal i have ever had was the Metal Muff with Top Boost…I had the mini version, but have heard good things about the full size one. The other worse pedal was the MXR Fullbore metal…I could never get a good tone out of that thing. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Oh you're right but I couldnt get a useable tone out of it at all... So it went nearly as quickly as it came..
    I've had a Boss HM 2 for years. I've been on the point of selling it upteen times but every time I do I give it one more chance and find a reason for keeping it. If I set it wrong it's harsh and fizzy but if I set it right it's got a rich full sound that sustains well.
  • Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer, I was 17 when I bought it, so surely I can be forgiven.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    so all you need to do is max all the knobs!

I know that video. Anyone who maxes out an HM2 is probably the kind who goes round saying 'nih' to old ladies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    So shit
  • A Jen made cry baby.
    Had this horrid instant hump and no smooth transistion from lows to highs.
    Alasni didn't know how to mod them in those days.
    Other than that a boss tremelo it dropped the output every time it was engaged
  • Electro-Harmonix Holy Stain, shit stain more like. Also Jimi Hendrix Classic fuzz was woeful too.
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    Hardwire TL-2

A bit too weedy but plenty of EQ to make that distortion do many shit things .

Flown the nest .
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Yes I agree. Couldn't get to grips with it at all
    Col_Decker;123235" said:
    Boss PS5 pitch shifter. Urrrrrrgh.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Any Boss Distortion

Metalzone etc

DS-1.

Funnily, I quite like their overdrive pedals now, just not their distortions.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom