Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What do you do when you get home from a gig?

What's Hot
Lately I've realised I have a ritual of a couple of glasses of red wine, a snack and get onto Fretboard for about an hour. Thinking about the gig, what went well, songs I might ditch, songs that went down well, how the amp sounded tonight. Great time of the evening.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Normally sit in bed drinking a cup of tea. 
  • My ex bass player used to have corn flakes at 1am.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Few glasses of vino here too - stick some music on youtube & a bit of browsing on the iphone - repeat until eyes closing :) Gigs becoming farther apart though - hopefully just time of year..
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Always a post gig snack. Usually involving toast and jam. I tend to sit up for an hour or so after getting home and unloading the gear into the hall.
  • benvallbenvall Frets: 83
    All my band mates get home and have a beer on there own.

Me on the other hand, I go straight to sleep. I gigged Friday night, I had been awake since 6am Friday morning so by the time I got home 1.30am I fell into bed.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Either a cup of tea, or a cuppa soup, and toast or cream crackers. Once the gear is in.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I usually climb into my brother-in-law's bed.

I should add that he's NOT in it at the time. Just that it's better for me to have his room (he stays at his other half's of a weekend) than to go home and wake the missus (no spare bed at home)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited January 2014
    Sink down to my haunches, curl up in a ball with my head in my hands and jump slowly around the room.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    mike_l said:
    Either a cup of tea, or a cuppa soup, and toast or cream crackers. Once the gear is in.
    I like that soup idea!  I'll often feel hungry after a gig but it doesn't feel right making a meal -- but soup sounds good. 

If I've taken the bass player I'm not so hungry cos he'll have made some bread rolls for us.  If I'm on my own I'll have a cup of tea but sometimes I'll put sugar in it.  Rock n Roll!
  • Interesting that quite a few of you have a bit of winding down time after getting in before you get your heads down for the night.. I also can't quite switch off when I first get in, which is quite annoying given that it's often 2am and I've usually struggled to stay awake for the drive back!

• RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    Unload the car. Have a beer while I wind down, but I never eat at that time in the morning.  Have a quick scan of the forum.  Creep into bed.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited January 2014
    Grunfeld said:
    mike_l said:
    I like that soup idea!  I'll often feel hungry after a gig but it doesn't feel right making a meal -- but soup sounds good. 

It's better for you than a greaseburgerkebab at 2am. Also you don't go to bed with a big, heavy meal in your gut.

Same if I've been for a few beers.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Used to be my own body weight in Brandy and coke, with a liberal helping of alternately talking pish and deconstructing the gig.
  • mike_l;123494" said:
    Grunfeld said:

mike_l said:

It's better for you than a greaseburgerkebab at 2am. Also you don't go to bed with a big, heavy meal in your gut.Same if I've been for a few beers.
    Using this wisdom next time I'm on the beers.

Tomorrow after work ;)

Good old heinz.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Used to be cup of tea, I would be desperate for a cuppa. Try to have a shower or bath as quietly as possible and watch crap on the tv whilst I dried off. Decide I was relaxed enough to go to bed and then start reliving the whole gig once my head hit the pillow.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    Get down on my haunches, curl up in a ball with my head in my hands and jump slowly around the room.
    Avoiding the nice men in white coats?

• supessupes Frets: 181
    Shows the average age of our forum members this thread mind. Tea, cocoa, toast?
    Is there only me that shags the groupies I've brought home?
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    I usually climb into my brother-in-law's bed.

After our last gig my sister-in-law sat on my glasses & broke them but it was my own fault,

I should've taken them off ;)
    Seemed like a good idea.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurq said:
    Used to be my own body weight in Brandy and coke, with a liberal helping of alternately talking pish and deconstructing the gig.
    Sounds familiar :-)
  • Tend to drive quietly home with no music, and soon as I get in have a bottle of water (Brecon Carreg of course)then take my pills and try to sleep for a couple of hours. Not always possible.