New Rogue One trailer - Darth Vader content

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    On the other hand, Vader's performance in it might be as fab as Revenge of the Sith. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6387
    Another Death Star storyline FFS :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    On the other hand, Vader's performance in it might be as fab as Revenge of the Sith. 
    Nooooooooo!
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited August 2016
    Well at least it wont blow up in this one. They can only be stealing the plans. The most disappointing thing for me in the trailer is the cheesy droid, cant they ditch the goofy characters just for one film?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Well at least it wont blow up in this one. They can only be stealing the plans. The most disappointing thing for me in the trailer is the cheesy droid, cant they ditch the goofy characters just for one film?
    Can't they just ditch the films? Enough is enough already. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Looks great...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    Fuck Vader. The best part of that trailer is the 3 seconds of Donnie Yen with  a big stick beating the stormtroopers. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    How does Vader pee in that suit? Must be a nightmare when he needs to drop the kids off in a hurry

• WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    Where are the Bothans?

tbh, I thought it looked great

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    WezV said:
    Where are the Bothans?

That's the second Death Star
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4629
    The Bothans died for the second Death Star plans
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    So we are waiting for the Rogue Two film then ;)

tbh I fully expected rebels to do this storyline, or where are they all when Luke turns up
  • Get very excited because he is in it loads:

http://www.wired.com/2016/08/new-rogue-one-trailer/
    tbh I read he's merely a cameo... almost a mythical persona in the background and not at all prominent..  also consider that he was only on screen for a total of 12 minutes in A New Hope
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24281
    I managed fifteen minutes before pressing 'stop'.  What a pile of shite.  It was a disgrace to out-poo Episode 1.  The soundtrack is just dire - whoever did the music for it needs shooting.  You'd swear it was just random orchestral pieces playing. 
    Unwatchable bilge I'm afraid.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Interesting, @Emp_Fab . I eventually got to see it the other day and was pretty impressed. It looked good, avoided most of the schmaltz that they find necessary to throw into Star Wars films.

The lowest point was the pointless sickly-grinning CGI Leia at the end. I think I must not be normal, as that bit in Jabba's palace does nothing for me!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    Emp_Fab said:
    I managed fifteen minutes before pressing 'stop'.  What a pile of shite.  It was a disgrace to out-poo Episode 1.  The soundtrack is just dire - whoever did the music for it needs shooting.  You'd swear it was just random orchestral pieces playing. 
    You're like one of those incidental characters in a film who disappears early on to find out what's going on, then comes running back in at the end after all the action has happened, with the wrong answer…

:)

dogload said:

The lowest point was the pointless sickly-grinning CGI Leia at the end.
    I'd have to agree with that, especially as the CGI Tarkin was generally not bad.

dogload said:

I think I must not be normal, as that bit in Jabba's palace does nothing for me!
    Either not normal, or you just weren't 16 when the original came out ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5133
    ICBM said:
    I'd have to agree with that, especially as the CGI Tarkin was generally not bad.

Couldn't deal with that. It was like watching the Polar Express again. Just creepy.

WezV said:
    tbh I fully expected rebels to do this storyline, or where are they all when Luke turns up
    I haven't watched Rebels, but apparently their spaceship is in the battle scenes at the end.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    ICBM said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    You're like one of those incidental characters in a film who disappears early on to find out what's going on, then comes running back in at the end after all the action has happened, with the wrong answer…

:)

dogload said:

The lowest point was the pointless sickly-grinning CGI Leia at the end.

dogload said:

I think I must not be normal, as that bit in Jabba's palace does nothing for me!
    Either not normal, or you just weren't 16 when the original came out ;).

I saw Star Wars (it's not called a New Hope) for my 5th birthday. I was just hitting double figures for that scene. At my age your first love was either Sally James or Leia. 

Although for  my friend Martyn it was Brian Blessed as Voltan. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    It may be because I was in a sleep-deprived near-coma when I saw it, but I found Leia less jarring than Tarkin in the cinema. I've yet to watch it at home, but may do tonight. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Emp_Fab said:
    Anyone who watches a 2 minute trailer repeatedly for 15 minutes must like something about it, surely?