Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The NAMM rumour thread

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Heard owt interesting? I think we can expect something new from digitech from what I have read by their rep on tgp. Some sort of multi effects I expect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I heard NAMM is engaged to Zac Efron... oh and he's gay ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited January 2014
    New TC toneprint pedals would be nice, not sure what or why though! :D
  • I was hoping you'd have heard something since you're probably the only person on this board getting to go!
  • New TC toneprint pedals would be nice, not sure what or why though! :D

I wish they'd release a multi FX based on the toneprint pedals.  I've had several of them (vibrato, chorus, reverb) and tested the delay too and I thought all of them sounded great.  There's probably a lot more money in selling individual pedals though so I wonder if it will ever happen.
  • Pretty sure there's nothing new from Jet City (bar their Custom Shop stuff) - still waiting for the FLEX amps to go into production.

Randall might have the 50W Nuno sig ready...at NAMM '13 they said they were apparently doing some final tweaks, so that's a possibility; I don't think they'll be publicising it much, though, since they're all about their new br00tz series these days.

Line6, of course, are reinventing shit again...presumably to make it even less useful if you have anything in your signal chain that doesn't carry their logo.

Digitech...yeah, I'm curious about what they'll come up with. No doubt it'll be a brilliant bit of kit that ticks every box but has a new, as-yet-unheard-of fatal flaw which makes it unusable in a live context.

Gibson will probably have 53 new models of Les Paul, each discernable from the others based on a slightly different selection of available colours.

Think that about covers it.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    guitarfishbay;124445" said:
    I was hoping you'd have heard something since you're probably the only person on this board getting to go!
    In all honesty I usually get some sort of heads up in software land but very very rarely in hardware land. Nothing exciting coming in software as far as I know!
  • A new best overdrive pedal ever.

I kinda hope electro harmonix do something amazing. They're the real game changers in effects, along with boss, zvex and possibly those soundblox pedals? So when they have new releases, I get excited. Especially if it's in a big box and does loads of cool shit.

Fender will do teles and strats, but I'd like for them to work on offsets a little - ditch the Gibson bridge, please, they don't work properly! Maybe they'll finally give us a 9.5 inch and 12 inch version of the mustang/jazzmaster bridge. I won't hold my breath...

Gibson will reissue something that may or may not have previously existed in colours that may or may not be new, with hardware that may or may not be anything like what should be in what they're reissuing.

I always like seeing the ibanez stuff. I really hope they decide to bring the tone lok series back, but maybe some new circuits. Most of the old ones are unconventional but interesting, and I love the push away knob design.
    PRS are releasing a Gary Sinise model
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Greek government plan to get their economy back in business by using NAMM to launch a range of high priced custom made guitars only available to lady guitarists.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I'm hoping L6 finally sort out its products so the hardware and software modellers are actually from the same product line.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    randomhandclaps;124579" said:
    The Greek government plan to get their economy back in business by using NAMM to launch a range of high priced custom made guitars only available to lady guitarists.
    Beer/Lager for the gentlemen and a fruit based drink for the ladies.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited January 2014
    New TC toneprint pedals would be nice, not sure what or why though! :D

I wish they'd release a multi FX based on the toneprint pedals.  I've had several of them (vibrato, chorus, reverb) and tested the delay too and I thought all of them sounded great.  There's probably a lot more money in selling individual pedals though so I wonder if it will ever happen.
    Twud be nice, I loved their Nova pedal but a couple of things put me off it in the long run. I'd rather stick to individual pedals now for many reasons; but putting a Polytune, Flashback x4, Spark/Drive, and a HoF in one together would be pretty awesome.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:
    PRS are releasing a Gary Sinise model
    I heard Gary Sinise was releasing a PRS model
    @-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

I thought he'd released a model on CSI ...

Didn't L6 get bought out by Weyland?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:
    I thought he'd released a model on CSI ...

Didn't L6 get bought out by Weyland?
    The PRS GSCSI model?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader

I was hoping you'd have heard something since you're probably the only person on this board getting to go!
    I'm going too :) it's january and its california, why wouldn't you, plus its way way nicer than frankfurt musikmesse
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Marshall are due to announce a new Zack Wylde signature head.
  • Blackstar has just posted this teaser video on YouTube.

I assume it's the next generation of the ID range.

• LevLev Frets: 228
    Blackstar has just posted this teaser video on YouTube.

I assume it's the next generation of the ID range.
    WideStereo, USB, 6 amps, 12 effect, mp3 input etc. sounds like a THR challenger to me. Although the form factor looks to be a bit more bulky.