Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The NAMM rumour thread

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Blackstar has just posted this teaser video on YouTube.

I assume it's the next generation of the ID range.
    Aaaaaggghhhhhh...guitar show widdly, widdly that sounds like an old Joe Satriani out take. I don't get why Blackstar ( or their advertising agency) think more than 1% of guitarists want to sound like that. I will have to assume for the moment that it is capable of making noises I might want to hear. 
    :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

Aaaaaggghhhhhh...guitar show widdly, widdly that sounds like an old Joe Satriani out take. I don't get why Blackstar ( or their advertising agency) think more than 1% of guitarists want to sound like that. I will have to assume for the moment that it is capable of making noises I might want to hear. 
    :(
    It's not just Blackstar. It's everyone. Fuck knows why... that sort of guitar playing is largely bollocks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303

How rock and roll, a guitarist with a double chin....

Silhouette was not a good plan.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How super wide can a guitar amp be when the speakers will be next to each other?   :))

The real issue with demos is showcasing the product briefly but showing what it can do across any style it might excel at (or potential customers might be interested in).  It is pretty tough to do that in under a minute even with a simple amp.

The real issue with demos is showcasing the product briefly but showing what it can do across any style it might excel at (or potential customers might be interested in).  It is pretty tough to do that in under a minute even with a simple amp.
    I get that. But given this is a professionally produced demo (not done at home on a shakey camcorder) I think something better than widdle widdle widdle wee effects set to infinity and beyond might be more inviting.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

I get that. But given this is a professionally produced demo (not done at home on a shakey camcorder) I think something better than widdle widdle widdle wee effects set to infinity and beyond might be more inviting.

Give them a chance, it's just a quick teaser to start the rumours/discussions ahead of the launch.

Of course it's possible the rest of the demo is just more of the same with the lights on, but let's wait and see. 
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited January 2014
    Maybe it's me, but that blackstar teaser has a slightly nasty quality to the distortion, like that digital sound in the high end.

Never noticed it on the ID amps I've tried, but maybe just a slightly dodgy recording. Or maybe my headphones are just on the way out...

Super wide stereo? Lol.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    If it's a practice amp the target market is probably teenagers who largely do want to sound like Satch. 
    monquixote;136823" said:
    If it's a practice amp the target market is probably teenagers who largely do want to sound like Satch. 
    irony? Fairly sure my teenage sons wouldn't know who he is.
    edited January 2014 tFB Trader
    monquixote;136823" said:
    They may not, but check the comments section of anything guitar related on youtube and you will find that he haz teh awesom shredz LOL!
  • monquixote;136910" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

monquixote;136823" said:If it's a practice amp the target market is probably teenagers who largely do want to sound like Satch. 

They may not, but check the comments section of anything guitar related on youtube and you will find that he haz teh awesom shredz LOL!
    In fairness...

I would like to sound like satch.

And play like him.

These things won't happen in my lifetime.

Full line-up of EHX's new ones, including the "Satisfaction Fuzz":

http://www.ehx.com/assets/reviews/ehx-new-gear-guide-2014.pdf

• not_the_dj;138382" said:

Ooo the jfet tortion sounds kinda cool.
    tFB Trader
    not_the_dj;138382" said:

Ooo the jfet tortion sounds kinda cool.
    Nice. 

JFET drives are the shiznit.
    edited January 2014
    They'll be a small MXR Univibe. Looks to be the Hendrix 70th Anniversary format but without the Hendrix graphic.

Shame as the resale value of the Hendrix one were getting silly, I was almost tempted to part with mine!

Plus a non Joe B FET driver. 

NAMM starts tomorrow. We just arrived in Anaheim after spending two days wandering around LA in general. Bit hungover today, but tonight wont be a mad one as we've got meetings tomorrow. If I see any interesting thingies, I'll make some posts!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26960
    Drew_fx;141008" said:
    NAMM starts tomorrow. We just arrived in Anaheim after spending two days wandering around LA in general. Bit hungover today, but tonight wont be a mad one as we've got meetings tomorrow. If I see any interesting thingies, I'll make some posts!
    Make sure you get loads of free stuff. That the point of these things, right?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26960
    not_the_dj;140898" said:
    They'll be a small MXR Univibe. Looks to be the Hendrix 70th Anniversary format but without the Hendrix graphic.

Shame as the resale value of the Hendrix one were getting silly, I was almost tempted to part with mine!

Plus a non Joe B FET driver. 

http://www.bax-shop.nl/nieuws-items/namm-2014-mxr-fet-driver-en-mxr-uni-vibe.html
    Small Univibe sounds good. Always fancied one. I like the look of the FET driver too but I *really* don't need more drive pedals!!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Drew_fx;141008" said:
    Make sure you get loads of free stuff. That the point of these things, right?
    See what happens!
  • Oh Man, @Drew_fx keep us updated. Would love to be there.