London Acoustic Show, 10-11 September

http://www.londonacousticshow.com

Anyone planning on going to this? I'll be going on the Saturday. Usually spend most of the time there at the Lowden stand!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I've been the last few years and I really want to be supportive of UK based shows, but unless there is something in the live music line-up that is of interest, for guitar looking you're better off going to Coda's acoustic shop, there will be more stock there.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    I went last year. The Lowdens on the Lowden stand were stunning.  If I go this year I'd be very interested to try the new model that has a smaller neck.

The Czech company Rozawood had some absolutely amazing instruments as well.

Sometimes the small stuff is good as well.  I picked up a slide from the Diamond Bottlenecks stall that is a lot better than any of the usual Jim Dunlop stuff.

I also got to see Albert Lee and Doyle Dykes so it was well worth going.  There is normally some good live stuff.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    dindude said:
    I've been the last few years and I really want to be supportive of UK based shows, but unless there is something in the live music line-up that is of interest, for guitar looking you're better off going to Coda's acoustic shop, there will be more stock there.
    Sometimes true, although the guitar I eventually bought from Coda I first played at the London Acoustic Show, as it was a new model straight out the factory :)
  • Just heading back from day 1 (Saturday). Well that was a great show. Clive Carroll was awe inspiring and worth the price of admission alone.

There were some stupendous guitars to play, particularly some gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood and Cocobolo 000s and parlours from Rozawood, And some crazy bargains on a couple of PJE acoustics.

• I guess no one else from here went then?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    mellowsun said:
    Just heading back from day 1 (Saturday). Well that was a great show. Clive Carroll was awe inspiring and worth the price of admission alone.

There were some stupendous guitars to play, particularly some gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood and Cocobolo 000s and parlours from Rozawood, And some crazy bargains on a couple of PJE acoustics.

I didn't go this year - haven't got any money to spend and going there always makes me want to spend.

I played some of the Rozawood guitars last year.  They were absolutely stunning.
  • JJW1JJW1 Frets: 6
    I went on Saturday. Some great guitars to try and saw Turin Brakes in the auditorium. Great day out....even the wife enjoyed it.