Tom Searle (Architects) RIP.

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Sad to hear that Tom has passed away, i'd met him a few times and he was always a very genuine person who really loved guitar and music.  I see Architects as one of the most important guitar based bands around right now and Tom was certainly a real influence over the direction they took. 

RIP Tom Searle, a great human and a great guitarist.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Terribly sad, I was introduced to them via my teenage daughter, awesome band that had something a little bit different 
    Only 28 years old as well.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited August 2016
    Oh wow, this is terribly sad.
    RIP.

Edit: just saw it was cancer.
    I believe it was Cancer.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    timmysoft said:
    I believe it was Cancer.
    I'm not shocked I suppose

Truly awful 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bloody hell, that's young. Awful news :(
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    28 is 16 years ago for me- so 2000.
    Can't imagine dying at that age.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    that's awful :(
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    That's really shit!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Holy shit. Really sad news. Their last few albums have been killer.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    edited August 2016
    Saw this over the weekend, poor guy was so young. My thoughts go out to his family and friends, tough for his brother especially I would imagine. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RIP Tom, I was only just listening to his GuitarNerds interview the other day. 
    they were on my list of bands to check out. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • RIP Tom, I was only just listening to his GuitarNerds interview the other day. 
    This was honestly one of my favourite things I have ever produced. Such a lovely guy and it really comes across in the interview. He was really humble and kept saying that he didn't deserve to be on the podcast because he didn't know enough about the gear. Needless to say, he knew loads and the podcast was great.

Apart from doing the interview, I actually didn't know him that well, but I know loads of his friends and everyone is, as you would imagine, absolutely devastated. So sad. I think we're going to be doing something on the podcast this week with regards to some fundraising for the hospice that looked after him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This was honestly one of my favourite things I have ever produced. Such a lovely guy and it really comes across in the interview. He was really humble and kept saying that he didn't deserve to be on the podcast because he didn't know enough about the gear. Needless to say, he knew loads and the podcast was great.

Apart from doing the interview, I actually didn't know him that well, but I know loads of his friends and everyone is, as you would imagine, absolutely devastated. So sad. I think we're going to be doing something on the podcast this week with regards to some fundraising for the hospice that looked after him.
    Bloody hell, hi, I had no idea you were on here, such a shame I found that out under such a dark cloud. 
    It would be great if you guys are able to shed a little light onto the organisation he was involved with at the end. 
    All the best. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    It strikes me that the band are one I should know, but I regret to say I've never listened to them. What's good to check out?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Naysayer and gravedigger are the ones for me @Bucket ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited August 2016
    Both great tracks for sure. I say buy the last two albums and go from there. They're a band that have got stronger over time IMO, the last two albums were produced by the same guy and he really translated the power and energy of their writing. Having watched some of their studio diary stuff they all seem really nice guys. RIP Tom

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Hollow Crown is decent as well.

RIP, very sad news.

Bloody hell, hi, I had no idea you were on here, such a shame I found that out under such a dark cloud. 
    It would be great if you guys are able to shed a little light onto the organisation he was involved with at the end. 
    All the best. 
    Hello. I am indeed on here, although I don't post as much as I'd like. Guitar Nerds keeps me busy enough! 

Tom was being looked after by the Martlets Hospice in Hove, which is just round the corner from Guitar Nerds HQ. Only 30% of their funding comes through the government so any donations are greatly appreciated. Architects have set up a JustGiving page for donations here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomassearle
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom