Oil City Masterwound in Carillion Guitars

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10371
edited August 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Here's a beautiful custom instrument from our friend Chris at Carillion guitars
it features: 

- Neck Through.
- 26" scale length.
- Spliced head veneer (Reversed Shredder headstock).

- 9 piece Black Walnut / Bog Oak / Purpleheart / Flamed Maple neck block.
- Rippled Black Limba body wings.
- Ebony fingerboard, bound in Ebony.
- 5,300 year old rippled Bog Oak top.
- Bog Oak head veneers.
- Hannes bridge.
- Sperzel locking tuners.
Oil City 'Masterwound' blackbird pickups (with clear bobbins).
- Stainless Steel frets.
- Dunlop Flush Mount strap locks.
- 10,000 year old Mammoth tusk nut.
- Polyester lacquered.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Lovely stuff. 

Have you had a chance to have a look at his acoustics?  They look absolutely stunning.  He seems to have nailed the segmented rosette/headstock Somogyi aesthetic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10371
    tFB Trader
    Lovely stuff. 

Have you had a chance to have a look at his acoustics?  They look absolutely stunning.  He seems to have nailed the segmented rosette/headstock Somogyi aesthetic. 
    I'd recommend anyone who wants to drool over pics of luscious, exotic wood acoustics or electrics to check out Carillion ... his inlays and detail are amazing. Chris is a lovely bloke too, he and I natter for hours on the phone about pickups, wood, music and all sorts.  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I own one of his acoustics .......very nice!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Saw that on facebook. Bloody lovely and we'll done getting your pickups in something so unique and cool. 
    Lovely stuff. 

I'd recommend anyone who wants to drool over pics of luscious, exotic wood acoustics or electrics to check out Carillion ... his inlays and detail are amazing. Chris is a lovely bloke too, he and I natter for hours on the phone about pickups, wood, music and all sorts.  
    Cheers for the info.  He has some great wood upgrades for his acoustics, from the domestic (English Apple) to the exotic (Malaysian Blackwood). 

What woods and body size did you go for Mr Feline?  
    tFB Trader
    Here she is - kind of an OM size - a bit big under the arm sometimes and quite Lowden like.
    Chris and I are good friends - he nearly ended up working for me years ago except Dorking to Croydon is a hellish commute
    We collaborated a fair bit - Chris had me do the fretwork and final set-up (and needless to say it is rather special)

I did reciprocate and made him a left handed Blackmachine  :)

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here she is - kind of an OM size - a bit big under the arm sometimes and quite Lowden like.
    Chris and I are good friends - he nearly ended up working for me years ago except Dorking to Croydon is a hellish commute
    Lovely stuff.  Difficult to tell by photos but if I didn't know for sure, I would have thought acoustics was his main priority for making guitars. 

Any commute to Croydon is a hellish commute as one ends up in Croydon.  :/

(Sorry @FelineGuitars, I can't resist an opportunity to make a joke about Croydon) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Croydon is ok , and used to be a very vibrant place with better shopping opportunities than most towns but it has become run down with a few standout destinations (like US)

It's certainly not lacking in multiculturalism - every language EXCEPT English it feels like these days 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Croydon is ok , and used to be a very vibrant place with better shopping opportunities than most towns but it has become run down with a few standout destinations (like US)

It's certainly not lacking in multiculturalism - every language EXCEPT English it feels like these days 
    I went to school in Croydon for 7 years! Pretty much the place where I grew up.  Not just for the friendships I made at school, but places like Beanos, Shake Some Action (both gone), Rock Bottom (I didn't know better), and Scream Studios, and the pub on Church Street where my old band used to play gigs.  

No insult intended!  
    tFB Trader
    Yes - even the Gun Tavern has closed down now