SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitarist Possibly Needed for Function band/Wedding Gig 3rd Sept West Wales

jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
This is a gig I can't do. Band had a dep but he's apparently gone dark and is not answering phone/messages etc, so the band are panicking a bit. They have a 17 year old coming to do a run through on Monday - recommendation from a local guitar tutor - but if he's not up to it then they will be bricking it.

Usual set is a mix of more modern pop songs (Rather Be, Can't Stop the Feeling, Crazy), Rock (Alright Now, Don't Stop, Don't Stop Believing, Livin' on a Prayer, Summer of '69) and some other soul destroying shit like Can't Hurry Love, Car Wash, Movin on Up, Stand By Me. I've been told that the Bride and Groom are after a 'rockier' set, whatever that means.  

The gig is in Newquay West Wales. I advise checking on a map though as it's miles from anywhere. 

I know this is short notice but if anyone is free and capable, drop me a PM and I can put you in touch with the drummer. It might all be ok if this young lad is ok, but it might not. 

Link to some probably very dubious vids: https://www.youtube.com/user/bestbandSOUNDAWAKE

Cheers, John
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments