Fender USA tuner replacement

fnptfnpt Frets: 744
bass tuners for a modern USA type fender neck will cost a small fortune. Does wilkinson or other cheaper brand have direct replacements with a 18mm shaft?
____
"You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 744
    I have a set of MIM fender tuners and I'm also wondering if there are any converting bushes that would allow me to fit them into an US neck even if I have to frill additional holes. Any help much appreciated.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    Well, answering my own question, it seems that the only alternative is really Fender tuners. However, it seems to be out of stock in Europe. @MattFGBI Can you help?
    ____
    edited August 2016
    ____
  • So what are you up to here?  Is that a US neck on a MIM body, or is it from somewhere else?

I thought about doing something similar with a Warmoth body but didn't end up going to the US in the end (that and the exchange rate tanked).
    yep, mex body and USA neck. Both at discounted prices so that's why I took the opportunity.
    ____
  • Nice. If you're going for rock and playing with a pick I'd recommend fitting a Fender No load 250k tone pot. They have a notch on 10 for when they're out of the circuit and it adds some more high end which seems to sound great (to me) especially on P pickups (sounds good on a jazz too). From 9 downwards it works just like a normal tone pot, so you don't lose anything
    Thanks for the tip. I've already bought a pre-assembled loom but I'll keep that in mind. As for the tuners, I think I'll go for stratosphere on ebay.
    ____