Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quicky online test "Could you pass GCSE music" - just for fun

What's Hot

Comments

• Dropped music as a subject soon as I could at school so never learnt anything of use. 
    Funny thing is, the only two members who came consistently last during our music lessons were the only two who could actually play an instrument. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I passed this but failed my real GCSE Music back in '89.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• 17, did the music gcse only a few years ago so should still ll be in there though.

Bear in mind, you are played each song 3 times  in full. And you have the whole year to learn 12 pieces, of which 4 or 6 or something will turn up.

Ou an hour before our test our teacher looked at the paper and told us the final essay was on the mozart piece so we nailed that test :D
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 10 so a pass ish wouild have been easior with a faster internet connection!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • My A* 20 years ago seems a long and distant memory, got 12 this time but suspect Mums not going to take me to Alton Towers to celebrate that!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28151
    My A* 20 years ago seems a long and distant memory, got 12 this time but suspect Mums not going to take me to Alton Towers to celebrate that!
    Worth asking though, surely?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 19 for me. Stupid Steeleye Span song. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    15/20 - Damn  maj/Min tonality - Still don't get how Steleye Span were singing in harmony and it was classed as Homophonic :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited September 2016
    Homophonic is when all the parts change note happen at the same time. Polyphonic is when they don't. You're thinking of unison where the parts all move together, AND are all the same notes (or octaves thereof). 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I took GCSE music in 1994. That god awful all around my hat was one of the pieces used then too.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    15/20 - Damn  maj/Min tonality - Still don't get how Steleye Span were singing in harmony and it was classed as Homophonic :/
    Because you don't know what homophonic means? 

accompanying parts should be the exact same rhythm as the melody.
  • Never had a music lesson in my life which is probably why I scored 8.  Still a pass apparently.
  • I got 10, despite the only thing I remember from music lessons was watching West Side Story and hating it.
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    This one's a little harder!

http://www.musictheory4u.com/Test-Paper-Grade-5-Music-Theory.html

I lost 4 marks on the questions where you could reveal answers, and couldn't really mark myself on qn.4

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    viz said:

Yay! I got 11/20, although I really only deserve 9/20 because two were blind guesses I didn't know. I did get qn 10 right (identify the chord of the clarinet parts) although it took me about half an hour to work out.........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    13, not too bad as I really dislike classical music.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    erm 10 - I got an A in 1989........... maybe if they tested me on rock and blues here instead!

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    viz said:
    Homophonic is when all the parts change note happen at the same time. Polyphonic is when they don't. You're thinking of unison where the parts all move together, AND are all the same notes (or octaves thereof). 
    I got it right because I thought it meant it was being sung by human beings.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    viz said:
    19 ;) didn't get the cor anglais. 
    I still don't know what that is? 

It's the French getting revenge for the French Horn.