Good news for fans of Jazzmasters and EMGs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    So... basically the guy likes Les Pauls.. and ruining Fender designs.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    my thoughts too... a JM is all about the tone from those unique pups and wobbly wiring...
    ICBM said:
    The good news for fans of Jazzmasters and EMGs is that this is not a Jazzmaster, so neither of them have to suffer the abomination of a Jazzmaster with EMGs.

It's an ugly plank with EMGs that happens to be roughly the shape of a Jazzmaster…

I actually can't imagine that a real Jazzmaster would sound any good with EMGs - and I'm not an EMG hater at all.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

.... but as a base for modding it could be quite good, wouldn't take much to make that look very special
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2014
    People saying it's not a Jazzmaster - I KNOW. I said that myself.

The fact it's not a Jazzmaster is immaterial, that isn't what it's meant to be. I just called it that for convenience because of the outline.

It's a rock guitar with EMGs, and it happens to be the same shape as a Jazzmaster.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Bucket said:

The fact it's not a Jazzmaster is immaterial, that isn't what it's meant to be. I just called it that for convenience because of the outline.

It's a rock guitar with EMGs, and it happens to be the same shape as a Jazzmaster.
    It's still poo :p
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Bucket said:

It's still poo :p
    poo that boils piss
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBM;127252" said:
    The good news for fans of Jazzmasters and EMGs is that this is not a Jazzmaster, so neither of them have to suffer the abomination of a Jazzmaster with EMGs.

It's an ugly plank with EMGs that happens to be roughly the shape of a Jazzmaster…

I actually can't imagine that a real Jazzmaster would sound any good with EMGs - and I'm not an EMG hater at all.
    Agreed

It's foul - just horrid
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Check this for an idea...

One of these, with a set of Cowtrons, a tone control and chrome hardware - and a bigsby. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    And some fingerboard markers!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    Grim, grim and grim. And why? (Apart from to make someone money of course.)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/