Ghost pickups - northeast hand wound

What's Hot
go check out ghost pickups as he does so great high gain type pickups with some awesome wood finish 

https://www.facebook.com/ghostguitarpickups/
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    I assumed this was a graph tech thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Did we reach saturation point on UK pickup winders yet ?
    More power to them and all that, and its brilliant to have so many people out there actually making stuff here on our little rain sodden land mass but it does amaze me that theres enough of a market here to keep them all in tea & biscuits !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    Did we reach saturation point on UK pickup winders yet ?
    More power to them and all that, and its brilliant to have so many people out there actually making stuff here on our little rain sodden land mass but it does amaze me that theres enough of a market here to keep them all in tea & biscuits !
    I have found there is quite a high attrition rate among newer winders: many start up thinking it's easy money, have it as a sideline to their day job etc ... when and if they turn fully pro they discover the difficult reality of overheads and bills to pay. Many simply return to it as a fun hobby. 
    I have survived five years as a fully pro business in a very competitive market ... and man it's tough sometimes. You have to really love it or you'd go mad! :-)
    I think competition is super healthy, and there has never been a better time to buy pickups in the UK ... I love trying other winders creations and those bobbin tops look wonderful! 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    Nice use of a laser cutter to cut out the exotic wood bobbin tops and engrave them

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom