NEW stuff from Wudtone - PRESS RELEASE

What's Hot
andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
edited September 2016 in Made in the UK
Hi there, 

Added NEW ergo comfy (stainless steel) saddle option for PRS enthusiasts to the http://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-prs-lr-tremolo-upgrade/ ;

If your priority really is tone , or is dynamic, sustain , response ,  clarity detail etc, the old style bent steel nickel ones

are still the ones to go for.  But the new stainless steel option come a close second and feel a bit more comfy, especially as we shape a curve on the outer one.

CP Vintage 50s  options 

Plate only http://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-cp-vintage-50s-bridge-plate/

Complete assembly http://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-cp-vintage-50s-tremolo-assembly/

Latest version of the CP vintage , even more accurate 50's shaping . Vintage mounting and with either vintage or Modern 54mm string spacing. Also we can do these in a relic finish ( option not on the site as yet) just ask!

plus a new

Wudtone  Gotoh / Wilkinson vs100 upgrade kit.  
Developed in conjunction with customers in Germany. If you have one of these floating two pivot 

and you want back the dynamic, tone character of a body connected vintage style bridge we now have an option that is fitted in the same way as the current American Standard upgrade, I know some of you have fitted to your guitars. Not on website as yet but will be soon.  

Finally review of Wudtone CP Vintage in Guitar and Bass now online here http://www.guitar-bass.net/gear/wudtone-cp-vintage-tremolo-review/ ;

Thank you to all for the support and you know where I am if you have any questions. 

Drop by the Northern Guitar show ( Leeds Bradford) http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/LeedsBradford.html  if you are passing. 
kind regards

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks nice. 

Do you ever plan to make a hard tail bridge? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thank you, it is possible, what are you wanting to achieve?
  • thank you, it is possible, what are you wanting to achieve?
    Just a standard Fender vintage Strat hard tail bridge.
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited September 2016
    Thank you, string through body or top load ( or option for both).

The reason I ask is that a few customers have enquired about a hardtail with top string load option so no need to drill the body through and use ferrules. I do think we could do a nice job of based on the Holy Grail spec.

This has a rear bar, see pic below  and imagine it without the trem arm hole etc   ( that is how it would look) 

You can't see the heads of the intonation screws as they are shrouded inside the rear bar on this version. In the same way we can hide the string ferrules so to have a really tidy solution with the easy fit / convenience of top loading. Essentially we would position the intonation screws an little higher and then mill the recess for the intonation screws right down to the bottom of the rear bar. Then mill slots ( in the bottom of the rear bar which the strings would pass through. In this way the strings would go through the rear bar under the saddles before they then go up and over the front of the saddle. All the usual intonation, saddle height adjustments would be available. It would be very easy to fit to the guitar and also string up etc. It would fix into the body with the usual 3 block fixing holes. You wouldn't actually need to use the six screws at the front ( so we could get rid of those holes)  but, if you were fitting one on a strat with a stock pick guard it would probably look better, neater with those fitted as well, as it would look neatly positioned in the usual recess etc as below  but without the trem arm hole.  

That would offer customers something unique and potentially the best results in terms of energy transfer, dynamic, detail clarity ( due to the high tensile steels of the holy grail spec)  . Should be good for playing the lead of stairway to heaven on anyway.

Open to giving this a whirl, by all means pm me if it excites  you @earwighoney of indeed any of you guys. Open to  a bit of crowd funded innovation any day!
    kind regards  

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    So, colour me interested in the retro fit Wilkinson VS100 option mate. My latest build is a Superstrat with a Wilkinson VS100, I specced it because I thought I needed a two post trem to get the fluidity of movement I needed but since fitting one of your Holy Grails to my main Strat I now see that I can get that movement out of a six screw trem and still have the tonal benefit of a vintage type trem...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And to be fair, as a man with a La Cabronita body knocking about in the back room a Hardtail Strat bridge could also be of interest !
  • Thank you, string through body or top load ( or option for both).

The reason I ask is that a few customers have enquired about a hardtail with top string load option so no need to drill the body through and use ferrules. I do think we could do a nice job of based on the Holy Grail spec.

Thanks for the info Andy, sounds very interesting indeed (the bits I understand!). 

I'd def be up for a hard tail bridge if you do make one.  

I'll send you a PM for more information.  

Cheers! 
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited September 2016
    Hi @DrBob cheers, have added product see http://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-gotohwilkinson-vs100-upgrade/  .

Sometimes database needs a bit of time to catch up in case not showing in stock etc.
    Just get back to me if you have any probs,

Usual discount OK?

options for Vintage or Modern 54mm string spacing, four arm lengths ( inc 
    7" extra long arm option , quite nice if you like real sensitive chord shimmer as the stainless steel we use is more than capable.) 

usual , tips , no tip polished etc , finish 

also baseplate tech choice , CP Vintage ( original spec steel, nail pre cbs tones) or CP Holy Grail , max boost in dynamic efficiency, all frequencies.  

Saddles not included with that product but some here http://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-steel-nickel-bridge-saddles/ ttp://www.wudtone.com/product/wudtone-steel-nickel-bridge-saddles/ you need em. Any in-line 11.3mm ( for the Vintage String spacing) or 10.8mm (for the Modern 54mm String Spacing)  will fit. 

a before and after visual make up ( with mod style saddles) 

let me know if you have any more q's 
    many thanks 

Yeah, sold, just need to get the pennies together. Anyone want to buy a Wilkinson VS100 SB ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just shove stuff on ebay, plenty of those at the 70-80 mark so it should sell OK.  
    My thoughts exactly mate
  • I've got more than a few core PRS bridges here to do the same with. 
  • I might well be interested in a core PRS bridge Andy. PM me with prices?