Tanglewood Master Design TSM1

I've just had a tinker on one of these at Sounds Great, very nice indeed.  I thought China had really got up there with the best but they are made by a Sweedish luthier.  Anyway, it was a really nice picker, had the slight edge over the £1800 Martin I tried which was the same shape with spruce Top.  Really nice chunky neck and what felt like slightly wider string spacing.

I was very tempted to use the plastic, but I'm determined to pay off the damn thing this year so I left it.

It was up at £899 and they are £1300 everywhere else, so just a heads up if anybody is after this kind of acoustic.  I think you could even knock them down a little more.

It was one of these.....

http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/catalog/product/040786/tanglewood-master-design-tsm1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    Have you tried the Faith Neptune Hi-Gloss ? amazing value at around £600 for all solids, including r/wood............ annoyingly playable and nice picked and light strum tones.  and I think Tanglewood have nicked the fretboard design of em  -   LOL

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679

bertie said:
    Have you tried the Faith Neptune Hi-Gloss ? amazing value at around £600 for all solids, including r/wood............ annoyingly playable and nice picked and light strum tones.  and I think Tanglewood have nicked the fretboard design of em  -   LOL

I'm not sure I've tried that particular one but I've tried a few and they were excellent.  The naked series I think.  Must try one.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    I have the mercury "mid price"   and its great...........especially for what I paid (thanks Jal  ;)  )
    but that neptune was just amazing.............if I didnt already have a good'un in that size, Id have bought it
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.