Advice on vintage blonde Nitro????

Ive got a 50s Tele in white blonde but I am thinking of doing a more yellow 52 blonde finish. I like the butterscotch blonde on the 52 and Baja but prefer the colour of the Fender roadworn which is more of a solid yellow, So I need advice on how to achieve this, maybe an undercoat before the Blonde? Was even considering Plastikote as I have had good results in the past but would like it to relic naturally so will probably go down the Nitro route. 

This is presuming Im going to keep a guitar long enough for  it to relic naturally, I've slowed down a little on thebuying and  flipping recently so you never know!

What do you lot think?
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Wudtone.. I think that a lot these days :D
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    Wudtone.. I think that a lot these days :D
    I agree - I think he does 2 types of blonde, you mix the colour to taste, apply as many coats as you require for the colour you want, then use a tinted, aged colour top coat.  

Maybe there are others here who can help with nitro - wudtone doesn't like going on stuff that's been pre treated.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Spray the body over the existing finish in a tinted nitrocellulose lacquer. Maybe.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."