58 LP DC Junior, Whats it worth?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    edited January 2014
    Domestic incident? :)

A new neck is the sensible way to go there if it's already had a headstock break too. You should be able to save the fingerboard and headstock facing.

Has the body been refaced?

I hope you didn't pay too much! :-O

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Ouch indeed (as stonevibe said)

I am intrigued as to how much the repair costs are?
    Repair the neck or new one?
    And of course, is the second PU route original, was it a special?

Nice players guitar once sorted, and with a real history and story to tell, just adds to the magic IMO.

Thanks for the warning, that was genuinely a painful moment, not as painful as for the previous owner though 
    :-S

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    Now prepare your selfs.......You might want to sit down.

I did (sit down).  But I still fell over.

Top marks for wanting to rescue some history, but that's a brave one to take on.

Hope to see lots of pics of the repair work - that's worthy of a big photo story.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited January 2014
    That's a project! I love DC Junior/Specials btw, I'll hopefully have one this year. ^ that could be a nice one eventually!
    :D
  • Wow, argument with the wife? :p

Hope you can get it sorted!
  • Ha break not my doing. I think the neck is salvageable, and the rest of the cost can be absorbed as a business expense :) I am hoping that repairs are going to be sub £500 and yes it has indeed been re-faced which I was aware of before,And don't worry the price is worth the project, This is for me a once in a life time opportunity to own a late 50s LP that I can gig without having a panic attack! Would anyone be interested in a dedicated refurb thread?
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Ha break not my doing. I think the neck is salvageable, and the rest of the cost can be absorbed as a business expense :) I am hoping that repairs are going to be sub £500 and yes it has indeed been re-faced which I was aware of before,And don't worry the price is worth the project, This is for me a once in a life time opportunity to own a late 50s LP that I can gig without having a panic attack! Would anyone be interested in a dedicated refurb thread?
    Are bears Catholic? Does the Pope s*$t in the woods? Do you really need to ask? :)
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Jonnysixstring said:   Would anyone be interested in a dedicated refurb thread?
    Oh yes, yes, and yes, count me excited...   :)

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 832
    edited January 2014
    I would!
  • Post started with lots of nice photos and links to full albums:
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    edited January 2014
    Are you prepared to tell us what you paid for it?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited January 2014

Nothing a plaster couldn't fix.

Tis only but a scratch...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've always found these fantastic for neck breaks...
    http://www.oscardehn.com/asps/resources/super/315-2.jpg

Looking forward to your thread, lovely project :)

• Would rather not publish the price I paid for no other reason thats its between myself and the seller. But rest assured I am happy with the money I parted with.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    Would rather not publish the price I paid for no other reason thats its between myself and the seller. But rest assured I am happy with the money I parted with.
    Fair enough!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Would rather not publish the price I paid for no other reason thats its between myself and the seller. But rest assured I am happy with the money I parted with.
    Wow - as much as that?!

;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.