SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NOW SOLD

marklmarkl Frets: 5
edited February 2014 in Amps £

Fender Twin Reverb Silverface - 1978 

I bought this amp recently but have quickly realised that I can’t justify yet more musical gear in the house! Prior to the purchase, the previous owner had it in storage for about 15 years. Despite this, the amp is fully functional and is in relatively good condition for something that’s nearly 36 years old! I’ve tried to capture this in the images and the usual small nics in the tolex and grill cloth can be seen. Its serial number is A811876 with the “A8” signifying the amp being manufactured in 1978.

The amp is currently located in Southampton but I may be able to get it up to Bristol or Buckinghamshire areas in the coming weeks if needed. It weighs around 35kg so couriers wouldn’t be ideal, especially as it’s also fragile, but I’d consider it if necessary.

£700 - ONO

More images here: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/markleybourne/library/Fender%20The%20Twin/Fender%20Twin%20-%20Silverface?sort=4&page=1

Fender Twin - Red Knob - 2x12 Combo Amp - USA 1988/89

This is my Fender Twin that I’ve had for about 10 years but hasn’t seen much action during that time as it was predominantly my backup gigging amp. It’s in good but used condition and sounds great. The lower panelling at the back of the amp is missing, however this does not affect the functionality of the amp in any way, in fact it helps to make it a little lighter!

It’s a dual channel amp with reverb available on both channels which can be controlled with footswitch (not included). The channel can also be selected by a footswitch and as each channel has its own volume, the amp can easily be set up for rhythm and lead. It has both high and low power modes allowing you to choose between 25 or 100 Watts. 

The amp is really versatile as most of the tone knobs have dual functionality through the switch that is operated by pulling the knob outward. Channel 1 provides the typical Fender Twin clean sound that the amp is famous for. Channel 2 can go from a slightly dirty crunch which is great for playing blues/rock rhythms, up to a screaming Boogie type, saturated lead sound. The cabinet contains two 8Ohm Eminence Made Fender Special Design Blue Label Speakers.

The Fender Red Knob Twins were manufactured between 1987 and 1994. In late 1985 Fender bought Sunn and combined their amp production in Lake Oswego Oregon, the factory in which this amp was built, as the amp’s serial number LO73956 suggests.
The output transformer was manufactured by Schumacher and has the date code of EIA 606-707 (7th week of 1987)
All Fender amplifiers, manufactured after 1989 include a date code on the amplifier and although this has a QA sticker on the tube guard, there is no date code stamped on it.
This information cannot pinpoint a particular year for the amp but it is likely that it would be from 1988/89, around the time the QA process was coming online but not yet fully established.  

The amp weighs about 35kg so it may be unpractical to ship/courier but this could possibly be arranged if required. Ideally though, you should pick the amp up from Southampton, alternatively I may be able to get it up to Bristol if that could help.

£400 - ONO

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments