Oil City Pickups/Masterwound

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10342
edited September 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Just a heads up for those who may be making orders: I shall be on holiday from the 11- the 19th of october, my first since starting Oil City five years ago! I am visiting friends in Finland :-)
In my absence Fabio my assistant will be in charge and taking orders as usual, however only I wind the Masterwound range, so there will be some delay on those models. Phone line will be mornings 10.30-12.30 only to allow him to catch up on builds (answer phone other times). 
'Keppis' (cheers in Finnish)
Ash

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    How dare you take a holiday, outrageous behaviour. Hope it's relaxing and you come back recharged and refreshed! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Disgusting behaviour :) Have a grand time Ash, sounds like you've earned it

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10342
    tFB Trader
    I've heard that Finnish beer is p-sswater. but in the town I'm going to they have a pub that serves Fullers London Pride ... and the manager is my friends son ... RESULT
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you have a good time!. I just got back from there last week after a quick visit for my Bro's wedding (the foolish young eejit!! ;) Third time I've been this year (I am Finnish..  (kinda)) 
    You can get all kinds of beers in Finland (if you're not too far out in the sticks) and, for my money, the Finnish piss water is an improvement on the piss water you get here (ie Fosters, Carling etc..) But craft beers & ales are quite 'hip' at the mo, so you can get all sorts, but it may be pricey! 

Anywayz,  enjoy.. And btw, it's 'Kippis' 

tFB Trader
    FRockStar said:
    Hope you have a good time!. I just got back from there last week after a quick visit for my Bro's wedding (the foolish young eejit!! ;) Third time I've been this year (I am Finnish..  (kinda)) 
    You can get all kinds of beers in Finland (if you're not too far out in the sticks) and, for my money, the Finnish piss water is an improvement on the piss water you get here (ie Fosters, Carling etc..) But craft beers & ales are quite 'hip' at the mo, so you can get all sorts, but it may be pricey! 

Anywayz,  enjoy.. And btw, it's 'Kippis' 

Kippis ... sorry only heard it spoken so far ... from drunk Finnish friend, I stand corrected lol. I'm staying in Tampere with a mate who is the singer in a Finnish punk band. I will be trying everything ... beer etc ... already hooked on salmiakki sweets and Finnish rye bread.

• Nice. I'm not that keen on rye bread, though I like it if it's nice n fresh with some fish. Pickled herring anyone? I am a salmiakki addict tho.. I found this place in London last year that does loads of cool salmiakki & other Scandinavian goods:  http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk ;

What's your mate's band called? 
    tFB Trader
    The Juggling-Jugulars :-)

• Haha 
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Just want to say I have recently recieved a master wound erruption and it's an absolute monster :D
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Enjoy your holiday Ash. Love Finland, I have friends there.