Victoria Amp Vicky Verb Jr

Small amp, HUGE designer.  There's a comment of 'Gandalf next to Frodo' seems apt. 

Really nice sounding amp though.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice. Did he say what wattage it can go up to ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    edited September 2016
    It's a 5 watter.

Edit: It appears you can swap out the single 6V6 for an EL34 or 6L6, which would give you a bit more power, maybe 10w?
  • Babones said:
    It's a 5 watter.
    Not gigable as far as I'm concerned then. I thought he said you can put different valves in to make it have more headroom or did I just imagine that?
    he did.
    edited September 2016
    Babones said:
    It's a 5 watter.
    Not gigable as far as I'm concerned then.
    Depends on your gig. Not sure if it's a 1x10 or 1x12 but i bet it gets pretty loud.
  • Babones said:
    Babones said:
    It's a 5 watter.
    Not gigable as far as I'm concerned then.
    Depends on your gig.
    Not for my gigs then. It'll be too dirty all the time. Would've been helpful if he said what wattage it'll go up to
    I'd assume around 10 watts, ballpark.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited September 2016
    Babones said:
    I'd assume around 10 watts, ballpark.
    Shame it could've been a good contender as an alternative for a Lazy J20 if he made it higher with that Half power switch
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    @hotpickups I'm at work so haven't listened the clip above but single ended amps tend to have a different sound to push pull amps with 2 or 4 valves - or even the little Blackstar with its 12BH7 being run in push pull configuration.  Not sure it will do exactly what the Lazy J does.
  • crunchman said:
    @hotpickups I'm at work so haven't listened the clip above but single ended amps tend to have a different sound to push pull amps with 2 or 4 valves - or even the little Blackstar with its 12BH7 being run in push pull configuration.  Not sure it will do exactly what the Lazy J does.
    Me too @crunchman and will listen properly to it tonight. Not sure I know what you mean but always like to see new amps coming out that gives Lazy Js a run for their money. Surprised no one has yet as far as I know
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I think part of the reason the J20 sounds so good is the Celestion Blue.  I think other Tweed style amps would get a lot closer with that speaker in it.

Given that the speaker is so important, what I don't know is why the guy at the Amp Factory sells a Kemper Lazy J profile pack with a J20 that didn't have a Blue in it.  My profile I did in my man cave with an SM57 straight into the Kemper without any nice preamps sounds better than the profiles in his pack.  To be fair to him the 40 and and 80 sound good in his packs.
  • crunchman said:
    I think part of the reason the J20 sounds so good is the Celestion Blue.  I think other Tweed style amps would get a lot closer with that speaker in it.

Given that the speaker is so important, what I don't know is why the guy at the Amp Factory sells a Kemper Lazy J profile pack with a J20 that didn't have a Blue in it.  My profile I did in my man cave with an SM57 straight into the Kemper without any nice preamps sounds better than the profiles in his pack.  To be fair to him the 40 and and 80 sound good in his packs.
    Most definately. I'm just surprised that no reverb has been added on other 5E3 style amps on offer or as you say given a Celestian Blue in them. Maybe they are for the purists etc ;)
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited September 2016
    ooooh that looks nice and yet another brilliant CME demo video. I love their channel. 

EDIT Oh my word - just seen the prices. Great amp but not for me at that money. Think I'll continue to hold out for a 2nd hand J20
    How very rock and roll
  • ooooh that looks nice and yet another brilliant CME demo video. I love their channel. 

EDIT Oh my word - just seen the prices. Great amp but not for me at that money. Think I'll continue to hold out for a 2nd hand J20
    Has that j20  gone in the classifieds then @benmurray85 ;
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11872
    Joel isn't a short guy himself, that guy is like Hagrid in size.

ooooh that looks nice and yet another brilliant CME demo video. I love their channel. 

That's what I would do, with the VAC you will get down to 5W territory too.
  • Joel isn't a short guy himself, that guy is like Hagrid in size.

At last!  Someone to notice how huge the amp designer is!  
  • ooooh that looks nice and yet another brilliant CME demo video. I love their channel. 

Has that j20  gone in the classifieds then @benmurray85 ;
    I don't think so yet but unfortunately I need to shift my Les Paul first. Which in the current climate is proving difficult ;-)
    How very rock and roll
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Ampmaker N5X with a reverb circuit? ;)
  • old thread! But has anyone tried on of these vicky verbs?

230V 50Hz „Fender Champ“

5 Watt (6V6) 12Watt (EL34) 15Watt (6L6) A 5F2 type circuit Single Ended 

1x 6V6 (installed) or 6L6 or EL34

2x12AX7 Tung Sol

1x 5Y3GT NOS (installed) or 5V4GT

Champ with reverb and can swap single tubes for more headroom.

Sounds like a perfect little amp. If mic'd up at a gig seems a nice tidy amp. Any thoughts?