Behringer X-Air XR-16 mixer

BodBod Frets: 1286
After many years of using a crappy 12-channel partially-knackered mixer I've convinced my band-mates that we should invest in a Behringer X-Air mixer.

In my opinion it should make soundchecks a lot easier, and the included effects will be very useful, as well as instant-recall of settings used at each venue we play.

Does anybody here use one, or anything similar (Soundcraft Ui perhaps) and what are you opinions and experiences?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    We recently upgraded to an XR-18 from a Yamaha desk and it's been a revelation. I'm sure there are better systems out there but we're loving the X-Air experience.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Digital is the way to go, it does make soundchecking very quick as all your vocal compression, EQ and monitor routing is stored from the last gig. So is global EQ compensation if you store the gigs on a per venue basis .... which I do, being as we are doing the same venues year after year. 

The little XR18 is great for the price and if band moneys is tight then it's probably the best option. If there is an option though then I would personally spend more and go for something like the QU-SB, because the XR18 is pretty under spec'ed in terms of stereo aux sends, general ins and outs and you will probably find that limiting at some point. 

www.2020studios.co.uk