Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New ThorpyFX?

What's Hot
BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
Saw a teaser thread over on the Gear page for a new ThorpyFX - "part of the new Vintage Reimagined series"  Any ideas?
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Not a clue :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    May be a Rangemaster if his other thread is anything to go by!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    I'll be hoping to see some modulation from Adrian. I think he's covered the gain pedals hasn't he?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    Uh-oh.. My financial state of affairs is officially endangered.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'll be hoping to see some modulation from Adrian. I think he's covered the gain pedals hasn't he?

You can never have too many gain pedals.
    Which is just as well since I don't use modulation effects.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    @ThorpyFX Any clues? 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Treble boost?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    edited October 2016 tFB Trader
    We are working on a lot at the moment, the teaser was for something we haven't done before..... the vintage reimagined series will answer requests  that people want but with my twist on it. The teaser wasn't a rangemaster though as I can't turn pcb designs around in a day. What I can say about the VR series is that MOST will be limited edition due to parts.

in short basically I'm saying nothing :) 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    We are working on a lot at the moment, the teaser was for something we haven't done before..... the vintage reimagined series will answer requests  that people want but with my twist on it. The teaser wasn't a rangemaster though as I can't turn pcb designs around in a day. What I can say about the VR series is that MOST will be limited edition due to parts.

When can you say something @ThorpyFX ? ;)
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
     :'(

How could you tease TGP before us.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    ThorpyFX said:

When can you say something @ThorpyFX ? ;)
    Don't tell him Pike  :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Branshen said:

I didn't, i put a tease on my Facebook page though 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @ThorpyFX  - while you are here - love my gunshot.  it can get a bit fuzzy though (depending on the position of my knob ovs).  Are one of the other pedals that you lovingly build more straight ahead and less inclined to fuzzzzzz?  
    tFB Trader
    nickp said:
    @ThorpyFX  - while you are here - love my gunshot.  it can get a bit fuzzy though (depending on the position of my knob ovs).  Are one of the other pedals that you lovingly build more straight ahead and less inclined to fuzzzzzz?  
    Thats to do with the gain levels at the upper ends of the controls, I could have pegged it gain wise but some people like the amp on the edge type sounds (as do I)and to achieve that you need a level of layering of the gain stages to make it sound 'amp like'

That being said, the peacekeeper can do what you ask already, it is more traditional in its topology and provides a more straight ahead overdrive tone.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @ThorpyFX ;

Will you ever make a Delay pedal?

edited October 2016 tFB Trader
    Alnico said:
    @ThorpyFX ;;

give me a chance.....  :)

yes, eventually but so far I am unhappy with my options with regards to chips available. I like analog delays, i want to make one with at least 550ms delay, great modulation etc. this makes it hard to do something different without using digital. I have loads of analog stuff in the works, quite a lot of modulation and i am purposely designing these in a modular way to allow me to do things to a delay that are new and different to whats out there.

Don't expect these things overnight though, ROME wasn't built in a day and i will NEVER release anything unless i am 100% happy with it. From a delay perspective this means my efforts have to beat the venerable MOOG MF104D super delay for me to be happy.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah modulation this is what we (well me) want ;)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @ThorpyFX said:
    Alnico said:
    @ThorpyFX ;;

give me a chance.....  :)

yes, eventually but so far I am unhappy with my options with regards to chips available. I like analog delays, i want to make one with at least 550ms delay, great modulation etc. this makes it hard to do something different without using digital. I have loads of analog stuff in the works, quite a lot of modulation and i am purposely designing these in a modular way to allow me to do things to a delay that are new and different to whats out there.

Don't expect these things overnight though, ROME wasn't built in a day and i will NEVER release anything unless i am 100% happy with it. From a delay perspective this means my efforts have to beat the venerable MOOG MF104D super delay for me to be happy.
    Anyway, he has to wait for the Russians to decommission some more nukes so he can nab them to make the casings..

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    ThorpyFX said:
    Branshen said:

I didn't, i put a tease on my Facebook page though 
    You showed it to Zuckerberg before us?

Bad form @ThorpyFX ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ThorpyFX said:
    I can't turn pcb designs around in a day because I'm well proper lazy.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom