Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New ThorpyFX?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    ThorpyFX said:

The Veteran is a Dual Pedal, Germanium transistors throughout, designed to work from a standard centre negative power supply or battery. A heavily modified and refined (to my tastes) Fuzz face on the right with a modded Rangemaster style circuit running after it. Both independently switchable and when both on together, it sounds incredible.

Sounds good.
    Two of my favourites in one box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    DanR said:
    I bought a veteran.

Febuary needs to hurry up.
    Itll probably be sooner..... I hope
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    tFB Trader

ThorpyFX said:
    I'll have to hear demos at least before I'll ever consider a purchase 
    of course

I was a bit sad it was only a tremolo and another fuzz :-(

Lets see what the rest of the range brings
    I apologise that we aren't able to release loads of pedals at once. However we don't have the resources of Strymon or MXR so releasing new pedals is a major undertaking for us, albeit a fun one.

We also schedule our releases based on customer demand, so whilst a Trem/Boost and a Fuzz/Treble Booster might not float your boat they have been in high demand. Seeing as we only had one fuzz in the line up, I thought a Ltd edition would scratch the itch nicely.

Anyway, on that note. What sort of things are you looking for pedal wise?
    Sorry I should have put some context around that really shouldn't I?

No need to apologise, I fully appreciate you are pretty much a one man band and I wouldn't expect you to churn out pedals like the mass producers. Its a long old process to create, test, tweak etc

I totally get you are going for customer demand. My views are for my own selfish needs.
    With the Dan Coggins tie in I was really hoping for some sort of envelope filter or phaser/vibrato or something more in the world of modulation. Basically some kind of small for lovetone pedals would be awesome. Dare I even say some sort of delay pedal? I know you are a big fan of the moogerfooger like myself, I'd like to see what you can do on that front. 

I will say this, :) You are definitely not going to be disappointed at all...... The Dan tie in has yielded some promising things already and as soon as they are ready to be released I will be screaming form the rafters. The Chain Home has Dan's fingerprints over it too, however the other modulation stuff coming down the line is all sorts of cool and predominantly focussed on powerful tweaking.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    The veteran sounds awesome. 
    Nice fuzz face tones that can sit nicely in a busy mix I'm thinking? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Any pics please?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited November 2016
    ThorpyFX said:
    DanR said:
    I bought a veteran.

Febuary needs to hurry up.
    Itll probably be sooner..... I hope
    I was going to say December 24th would be ideal but I didn't pay for Saturday deliver so 23rd would be the best  ;)
    tFB Trader
    keir said:
    Any pics please?
    Not yet I'm afraid, I only have the pre production proto here which isn't ready for public consumption as I've changed a few bits. Anyway, it'll look very similar country pedals but the veteran will be wider to cope with the extra knobs and footswitch. 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    ThorpyFX said:
    keir said:
    Any pics please?
    Not yet I'm afraid, I only have the pre production proto here which isn't ready for public consumption as I've changed a few bits. Anyway, it'll look very similar country pedals but the veteran will be wider to cope with the extra knobs and footswitch. 
    Ok cool, I'll look forward to seeing the pics when they're ready!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I was toying with getting an analogman sunlion so the veteran sounds very tempting.  Hopefully some pictures  (even if they are only approximations) arrive before they sell out.    Sounds like a great idea for a pedal - I can't see them last long. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    edited November 2016
    ThorpyFX said:

I will say this, You are definitely not going to be disappointed at all...... The Dan tie in has yielded some promising things already and as soon as they are ready to be released I will be screaming form the rafters. The Chain Home has Dan's fingerprints over it too, however the other modulation stuff coming down the line is all sorts of cool and predominantly focussed on powerful tweaking.
    Holy smokes. 

If there will be a Ring Mod at some point down the line I will shit myself with excitement.  The Thorpy tie in with Dan is amazing news.

Major, if you ever have the chance to speak to Dan in the future can you mention a guitarist by the name of Oren Ambarchi to him (if he doesn't know him).  He's one of my all time favourite guitarists, who's not very well known.  He uses a Lovetone Ring Stinger as the core effect for his playing.  
  • You'll have to go some to beat the MF102 ring mod... if you can improve on that, colour me impressed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You'll have to go some to beat the MF102 ring mod... if you can improve on that, colour me impressed!
    The ring stinger from lovetone was pretty bat shit mental. Just a shame you need to remortgage to buy one
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    The ring stinger from lovetone was pretty bat shit mental. Just a shame you need to remortgage to buy one
    Wow, that was a new one to me... checked out ebay and yup available for your at Argos for £800 all in! For a ring Mod that is ouch :)

What a cool range of pedals though, been checking out videos. @ThorpyFX you just set the expectation level very high indeed.
    tFB Trader
    You'll have to go some to beat the MF102 ring mod... if you can improve on that, colour me impressed!
    Wow, that was a new one to me... checked out ebay and yup available for your at Argos for £800 all in! For a ring Mod that is ouch :)

What a cool range of pedals though, been checking out videos. @ThorpyFX you just set the expectation level very high indeed.
    Go hard or go home........
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    I'll have to hear demos at least before I'll ever consider a purchase 
    well, that'll be a short way down the line but it'll be coming along anyway. As a limited edition pedal, the veteran is likely to be sold out before the clips are done.

Aww, limited edition? How come? 
  • NOS chips are in limited supply.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seeing that Sir Thorpy had almost sold out I've took the plunge and pre ordered a Veteran, anyone else?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    MrSwanson said:
    Seeing that Sir Thorpy had almost sold out I've took the plunge and pre ordered a Veteran, anyone else?

I've been very close a few times but it's a hard to order it without pics or soundclips.   I suspect it will have gone before those though and is a safe buy due to Thorpy's reputation.
  • John_P said:
    MrSwanson said:
    Seeing that Sir Thorpy had almost sold out I've took the plunge and pre ordered a Veteran, anyone else?

I've been very close a few times but it's a hard to order it without pics or soundclips.   I suspect it will have gone before those though and is a safe buy due to Thorpy's reputation.
    Ditto
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    John_P said:
    MrSwanson said:

I can only apologise for the timing error, I wanted to open preorders as soon as I was fixed on the circuit. I have booked studio time to record the video of the veteran but..... it's not till mid Dec.

i can say I'm over the moon with the sound, the design is going to be old school army looking. And hopefully you will all love it as much as I do. It's my guilty pleasure pedal really.