Old Gits - Help me play 'Hi Heeled Sneakers' ?

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited October 2016 in Technique
I've got the song down fine but i just can't get the intro.

It's all chords but nothing i find on the net makes sense and you tube is just full of cover versions, none of which are like the version by 'Cross Section' (Quadrophenia).

Any help?
Just the chords will do i can work it out from that. I think there's 6 different chords and they sound like barre chords but i just can't find them and it sounds like they're not full or standard chords from listening to the record.

Much appreciated if someone knows this.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

It seems you've spelt it incorrectly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Heel_Sneakers

Maybe that will help google up more helpful hits. :) Otherwise, sorry, first I've ever heard of the number.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    It's not chords on the intro mate, it's root and octave

CC, A#A# , AA , G#G#, G  - then G# 7 chord slide to G7 chord 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    Straight major triad chords played root, 5th, octave: C - A# - A - G# - G  then G# - G fuller chord (hearing the 3rd as well) turnaround ....
    Does this help ?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Haha

You're right !
    Didn't spell it right.

C, Bb, A, Ab, G,..........Ab, G

Not weird chords at all, just a weird player.
    THANK YOU !
    Danny1969 said:
    It's not chords on the intro mate, it's root and octave

CC, A#A# , AA , G#G#, G  - then G# 7 chord slide to G7 chord 
    lento said:
    Straight major triad chords played root, 5th, octave: C - A# - A - G# - G  then G# - G fuller chord (hearing the 3rd as well) turnaround ....
    Does this help ?
    And that's just made the last bit click into place.

Thanks guys that sounds great now.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I've heard loads of versions but didn't know who Cross Section were ( although I've seen the film). An unknown band who auditioned for and got in the film. They didn't last long after but reformed in 2014. Not a bad little claim to fame.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Bizarre song that, asking your lady to put on here red dress for a night out (fair enough)....oh but also boxing gloves incase it gets out of hand and a wig hat! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I'm not sure what a wig hat is, although it comes up in other songs (Lightnin Hopkins did a wig hat song I think). 

Bizarre song that, asking your lady to put on here red dress for a night out (fair enough)....oh but also boxing gloves incase it gets out of hand and a wig hat! 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533

Love that film!
    I asked my Mum. It's a 60's thing.

Wig-Hat was what blokes called Womens Wigs and they were really popular then with girls to instantly change hairstyles for the night. 
    So the Lyric about Red Dress and the Wig-Hat is that wearing Red was considered really racy and daring in the 60's club scene and the wig is about the girl making a big effort to look great. The boxing gloves are for him because A jealous guy would start a fight with the guy who's with her, mainly because he hasn't got her - "I'm gonna wear some boxing gloves, In case some fool might start a fight".

Apparently clubs in the 60's weren't so tame as some people think and i was one of those people until i just spoke to Mum.

I must try harder !
    LOL.
    edited October 2016
    If this is going to turn into the Quadrophenia appreciation thread (I will happily change the title and move it),

I want to say that 'The Punk and the Godfather' is still the best demoing-an-amp song in the world. Dramatic, powerful and the best test of a light, just breaking up clean/crunch i've ever heard.
    A, D, C, D, G, A

Da, da, da, da, daaaaaaa kind of rhythm on each chord and play it like you really mean it, full chords.

That's a proper feel good song and *nothing* wakes up a guitar shop like that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never watched the film, but a guy up the street was in it playing someone called Spider. Bit of a piss head to be honest.