I've never really got...../Well have a listen to this then.......

What's Hot

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    dindude said:
    ddlooping said:
    I never got Kirk Hammet. :)
    I forgot to say, if nobody rushes to said Guitarists defence, then you receive a wisdom from me for being right in the first place. I've no idea why Kirk Hammet triggered this thought.
    ;)
    Where's me wisdom? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28141
    Biffy Clyro.

They seem like a passable second-rate Thrice/Fightstar/FooFighters sort of pastiche. I just can't grasp why so many guitarists seem to think they're something special. They're certainly not actively crap, they're just unremarkable as far as I've heard.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ddlooping said:
    Plenty of Faceplaming for the rule breakers. :D

And some totally unjustified ones! Unless I've missed it no one had posted a libertines track yet so I thought I would, and now look at the trouble it's caused!
    My bad, I've unFacepalmed you. :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Thank you
    I got Facepalmed though! :D
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    ddlooping;12490" said:
    dindude said:

ddlooping said:

I never got Kirk Hammet. :)

I forgot to say, if nobody rushes to said Guitarists defence, then you receive a wisdom from me for being right in the first place. I've no idea why Kirk Hammet triggered this thought.

;)

Where's me wisdom? :)
    There you go, I'm a man of honour (if reminded)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Biffy Clyro.

They seem like a passable second-rate Thrice/Fightstar/FooFighters sort of pastiche. I just can't grasp why so many guitarists seem to think they're something special. They're certainly not actively crap, they're just unremarkable as far as I've heard.
    It might be worth listening to some of their earlier stuff. 
    They've got a lot more commercial sounding as they have got bigger though there is no doubt they are a Foo Fighters style band. 

This is probably my fav track which is a good compromise between the less hooky older stuff and the commercial new stuff. 

YT sound quality is balls.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Libertines first album makes me totally forgive our Pete for any nonsense he may or may not be involved in.
    edited August 2013
    dindude said:
    There you go, I'm a man of honour (if reminded)
  • In case of doubt I didn't facepalm anyone for the libertines vid, which I dutifully watched. It wasn't as bad as the smurfs.

I just read the rules again. There were only three! So I need to be facepalmed for the 2nd John Martyn. Would happily lose the magnificent fret that I sweated blood for rather than edit the post to remove the vid.
  • historyisjunk;12589" said:
    In case of doubt I didn't facepalm anyone for the libertines vid, which I dutifully watched. It wasn't as bad as the smurfs.

I just read the rules again. There were only three! So I need to be facepalmed for the 2nd John Martyn. Would happily lose the magnificent fret that I sweated blood for rather than edit the post to remove the vid.
    Anyone who likes John Martyn has wisdom. Have a bolstered score on me....
    They've got a lot more commercial sounding as they have got bigger though there is no doubt they are a Foo Fighters style band. 

This is probably my fav track which is a good compromise between the less hooky older stuff and the commercial new stuff.
    Ta - I will give that a go this evening.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Did I just get face palmed for posting the libertines track? Was that you @lixarto? ;-)
    Yes it was me - I've changed it to a LOL now :)

The Libertines are still shit though.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."

Still don't get it. Not unpleasant at all, but it sounds very Sugarcult in particular (very similar to Dead Living in places). Ah well. There's a lot worse gets on the radio. :)
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Still don't get it. Not unpleasant at all, but it sounds very Sugarcult in particular (very similar to Dead Living in places). Ah well. There's a lot worse gets on the radio. :)
    I don't think anyone would accuse them of being especially original (though they do have some interesting odd time signature riffs), they are just a combination of catchy tunes, very good live and a singer girls want to kiss. 
    Which is no bad combination if you're a band.
    edited August 2013 tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Which is no bad combination if you're a band.
    I also quite like that they often have very odd lyrics, and compulsively lie about their band name.
  • historyisjunk;12589" said:
    In case of doubt I didn't facepalm anyone for the libertines vid, which I dutifully watched. It wasn't as bad as the smurfs.

Anyone who likes John Martyn has wisdom. Have a bolstered score on me....
    Ahh, you are very kind & someone apparently agreed with you. Digital life dilemma now though as I feel I have something to lose ;-)
  • birdobirdo Frets: 24
    Convince me, John mayer . I just don't get it . I ve only heard a few songs but they all sound like the soundtrack to an American rom com.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I think saying john mayer in this game is an automatic mornington crescent, it's a straight away win.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom