Acoustic tab

Does anyone have any recommendations for interesting acoustic tab? I know there are lots of places to find it if I look hard enough, but they all seem to be acoustic versions of big hits, which isn't what I'm looking for.

What I'd like is the sort of stuff they play behind reports on Gardener's World or Countryfile. Nothing too fancy - none of the Eric Roche/Tommy Emmanuel style pyrotechnics, for instance - just nice tunes that can be relatively easy but still a bit of a challenge to play. For instance, Stuart Ryan is probably a bit out of my league, but something of intermediate skill level would be challenging for me but I could probably nail it after a couple of weeks.

Or am I being too general and need to be more specific?
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks, I'll have a look at some of that, but an awful lot of Leo is well out of my reach. It is Leo Kottke, after all. :-)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited October 2016
    Think it was  YT recommendations that recently bumped me across this arrangement of Whiter Shade of Pale, which might be of interest.
    Haven't pursued the tab yet, but it's there along with others which I hope are on the same lines, on the Martin Tallstrom site.

Yeah, I know it was a big hit, but it's Bach innit?   :)

• How about something like this :

• That's sort of it. The stuff I was meaning was some of the old Guitar Techniques columns that Eric Roche used to do, where he'd transcribe someone else's stuff - I learned Pepe d'Agostino stuff, and some other things there, but that was a long time ago and I'd like to learn something new, that's all.
  • I remember this one from Eric's column by Jacques Stotzem :

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

There still seems to be something like this in GT every month, Dennis. Even if Stuart Ryan writes the column, the technique level doesn't look that high to me. I've just checked issue 262 and he's doing Springsteen and Beatles styles. 

• That's the thing, though, it's "in the style of" rather than actual complete tunes. Maybe they can't get the copyright approval, or don't have the budgets for that sort of stuff any more.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Neville totally skirted the reasons why in the above issue, but said only Bridget's column would have transcriptions of famous pieces from now on. :( 

I'm sure I've bags of stuff you could have, it's just getting it to you, I'm getting nowhere with my shelving project, all my mags are still in packing boxes...

Ultimate Guitar would be quicker way of getting where you want to go. Download TuxGuitar (free) and have a rummage on there.

• @DLM - i know the feeling. We've been in the bungalow for six years now, and I've still only managed to clear about 8 square feet of floor space. :-S

@BigLicks67 - I not only remember that, I still have the tab and occasionally try it again. I can hit all the right notes in all the right places, but getting that feel and cleanliness in the way that it's played is a right barstid. Tis a lovely tune, though.