Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
Unveiled later today, apparently

Does this mean @FX_Munkee will be able to tell us what he knows?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
    (ooh, we can embed twitters here - didn't know that was a thing! Shiny!)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16657
    I am excited.  I only buy consoles when there is a new Zelda
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I am extremely excited. I've had every Nintendo home console except the NES, and if it's the home/portable hybrid that's rumoured it'll be AMAZING to get Zelda & Mario Kart on the go.

I'm still hoping for a new F-Zero too. Fingers crossed! 
  • WezV said:
    I am excited.  I only buy consoles when there is a new Zelda
    Did you see any of the recent Zelda concerts? I caught the Manchester one. Super nostalgic
  • I am extremely excited. I've had every Nintendo home console except the NES, and if it's the home/portable hybrid that's rumoured it'll be AMAZING to get Zelda & Mario Kart on the go.

I might buy it if it has Mario Kart and is portable.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248

I am extremely excited. I've had every Nintendo home console except the NES, and if it's the home/portable hybrid that's rumoured it'll be AMAZING to get Zelda & Mario Kart on the go.

I might buy it if it has Mario Kart and is portable.

If it has all of these, AND a new Super Smash Bros. I will be breaking open my Kirby piggy bank and running to the nearest GAME to queue. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    It will definitely have MK and Smash Bros. It's a Nintendo machine - that's what they do!

Some kind of Mario platformer and the new Zelda and you have every nintendo machine since the N64.
    It will definitely have MK and Smash Bros. It's a Nintendo machine - that's what they do!

Some kind of Mario platformer and the new Zelda and you have every nintendo machine since the N64.
    Aye, the only one of those that isn't practically guaranteed is a new F-Zero which might be exactly what Nintendo need to get some more customers to return from PS and Xbox. As well as a more competitive price, or better graphics. 
    Not fussed about 3D support, I DO want a console capable of at least 2K res though. But this is nintendo so I'll be glad to see 1080i
    'Awibble'
    Hertz32 said:

Aye, the only one of those that isn't practically guaranteed is a new F-Zero which might be exactly what Nintendo need to get some more customers to return from PS and Xbox. As well as a more competitive price, or better graphics. 
    Not fussed about 3D support, I DO want a console capable of at least 2K res though. But this is nintendo so I'll be glad to see 1080i
    It'll do 1080p at home, and maybe 720p on the handheld bit, I reckon. More for home is unnecessary for most people and most games, and any more on the portable will hit battery too much.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    Not knowing much about gaming systems I thought this thread was going to be about the new Nintendo Classic Mini which is coming out in 3 weeks - featuring 30 classic NES games! https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hertz32 said:

It'll do 1080p at home, and maybe 720p on the handheld bit, I reckon. More for home is unnecessary for most people and most games, and any more on the portable will hit battery too much.
    Maybe, though I've read it's being labelled as a "Home" console. I guess we will see! 
    I do have to credit Nintendo with knowing how to keep handheld consoles alive though. I know Sony haven't really touched that market since the PS Vita. 
    'Awibble'
    BigMonka said:
    Not knowing much about gaming systems I thought this thread was going to be about the new Nintendo Classic Mini which is coming out in 3 weeks - featuring 30 classic NES games! https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html

They can call me when they do a SNES one (probably next xmas!). The NES had a fairly small number of great games. It's nice for nostalgia but Super Mario World and Link to the Past are still world class.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4165

And a proper Metroid, I reckon they've been baking a proper one for a while.  *crosses fingers*

It's a shame the WiiU was such a colossal washout - I'm one of about three people who bought one and it's really very good.
    randella said:

And a proper Metroid, I reckon they've been baking a proper one for a while.  *crosses fingers*

It's a shame the WiiU was such a colossal washout - I'm one of about three people who bought one and it's really very good.
    randella said:

I've not played a Metriod game since Metroid Prime Hunters on DS, which I LOVED. Seriously cracking game with a great multiplayer and control layout... why did they not do another? :(((
    'Awibble'
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Hertz32 said:

Ironically I can't see twitter at work :) but I can say that you are quite prescient. Worryingly so, like you had insider info. Have I been sleep talking again?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FX_Munkee said:
    Hertz32 said:

Ironically I can't see twitter at work :) but I can say that you are quite prescient. Worryingly so, like you had insider info. Have I been sleep talking again?
    That's ominous @FX_Munkee... Where do you work again? ;) 
    'Awibble'
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2374
    edited October 2016
    BigMonka said:

They can call me when they do a SNES one (probably next xmas!). The NES had a fairly small number of great games. It's nice for nostalgia but Super Mario World and Link to the Past are still world class.
    If you can't wait until then, check out RetroPie for the Raspberry Pi

I even got a (USA) SNES case 3D printed for mine:
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13707031_1779124072299977_1502326474_n.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4165
    Hertz32 said:
    I've not played a Metriod game since Metroid Prime Hunters on DS, which I LOVED. Seriously cracking game with a great multiplayer and control layout... why did they not do another? :(((
    @Hertz32 If you get chance, Prime 3: Corruption was fantastic.  Other M got a bit of a lukewarm reception but I really enjoyed it - the third-person perspective made a change.  It was quite short, but that also made a change from the 40-hour Prime marathons.  Prime: Federation Force is widely regarded as tosh so I've not bothered yet.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    PVO_Dave said:
    BigMonka said:

If you can't wait until then, check out RetroPie for the Raspberry Pi

I even got a (USA) SNES case 3D printed for mine:
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13707031_1779124072299977_1502326474_n.jpg

I really want to make a raspberry Pi machine...but wouldn't have the first clue how to go about it as there are so many options. 
    FX_Munkee said:
    Hertz32 said:

Woo! Go me! Hypothetically of course

Only 10 minutes till the internet goes into meltdown of "yay!" or "meh!" (Or both..)