suggest a guitar amp for my singer...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Fender Mustang III v1, like the one I'm selling? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240

Fender Frontman 212R - Loud, Sounds Great, Reliable and Cheap!!!

Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • A Laney VC30 1x12 combo can occasionally be picked up for £200 (or not much more if your budget can stretch a little). All valve, great sounding, plenty loud and takes pedals well. Failing that, i've seen the smaller VC15 go for as little as £130. Both decent amps for the money
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Thanks for the ideas - hearing my twin last night made him realise how thin his amp sounded so I'm sure he'll pay a bit more.  I'm just a bit out of the loop with combo's at that sort of price.
    If he upped the budget to £300, then surely that would open up more options...

A Laney VC30 1x12 combo can occasionally be picked up for £200 (or not much more if your budget can stretch a little). All valve, great sounding, plenty loud and takes pedals well. Failing that, i've seen the smaller VC15 go for as little as £130. Both decent amps for the money
    This is more what I had in mind - a no frills giggable combo that can take a bit of use.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    As others have said a Frontman or a Transtube Bandit would do you well, but my recommendation would be an LC50 you should be able to get one for not much above your budget and they are a proper pro valve amp.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    ICBM said:
     and they blow speakers (easy fix, not so low cost) - apart from that they're great. Even the overdrive channel is pretty good.
    yep,  he had a speaker go on first use
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    A Laney VC30 1x12 combo can occasionally be picked up for £200 (or not much more if your budget can stretch a little). All valve, great sounding, plenty loud and takes pedals well. Failing that, i've seen the smaller VC15 go for as little as £130. Both decent amps for the money

That's a good call actually, Laney stuff is tremendously under-valued used. I'd also second the shouts for Fenders silverface-looking SS combos, I've had a Deluxe 90 and worked with a guy whose main amp was the 65 Watt version (Princeton) and they both had tremedous clean sounds (drive was a little thin) and took pedals well.
  • Laney VC or Vox AC15.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    The Fender Princeton Chorus (2x65W 2x10") is a great amp - I got one of the best sounds I've ever had with a Mesa V-Twin through one. The others in the same series are good but not quite as great, for some reason.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    ICBM said:
    The Fender Princeton Chorus (2x65W 2x10") is a great amp - I got one of the best sounds I've ever had with a Mesa V-Twin through one. The others in the same series are good but not quite as great, for some reason.
    I've used one of those too, although in my case using the line-out of my Super Champ. Genuinely nice amp.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Just make sure his tone ain't better than yours... so I'd get him an Ibanez Valbee... they sound shit enough...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>