Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pub Gig Set Length

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1553
    We plan to do 2 x 1 hour sets before encores. Encore duration is based on the crowd demand/mood and the venue curfew but normally we get the chance to add 15-20 mins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usually 2   1 hour sets,  from 9;30pm to 10;30pm  30 mins break then 11pm to 12,  but we're flexible will adjust to suit
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    edited October 2016
    45 + 55
    Usually not too fussed tbh if we go a bit over. 

• A pub we do in Manchester is 3 1 hour sets 8-12. Tiring, but my mate who does the cavern every Saturday does 5 hours with usually one break.....proper. 
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    First set about 50 minutes short break then about an hour ten minutes second set and always a couple of songs in our back pocket for if people want to keep on dancing. As we are older people the time seems to fly by. The one thing we hate is the the charity gig raffle half way through a set.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Around 30 tracks, usually works out at 50 minutes-ish first set, then 70 mins second set.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • When my band plays pub gigs we generally aim to play a 3 hour slot split into 45-50 min sets with 10-15 min breaks to get drinks/smoke/cool off etc. I've never really played the likes of Social Clubs where you have to stop for bingo & raffle. The band I'm in wouldn't really go down well there!!
  • When last gigged, I always remember the audience shouting 'less' - regardless of how long we played for....
  • I played a proper northern Working Men's Club a few months ago. They had a meat raffle during the interval. I thought I was in the middle of Phoenix Nights.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @vasselmeyer regularly play those venues.  They get a bit pissy if you make ANY noise setting up when the bingo is being called.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Last night my first pub in a decade. 50 min and an hour for the two sets respectively.