Just stumbled over this, from my first gig (Metal content)

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
edited January 2014 in Music

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited January 2014

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Great footage! Kerry King with hair! For me, Seasons was their peak, but sadly most of what followed wasn't worthy of the name Slayer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I think *a lot* of what came after wasn't so good due to Jeff Hannemans alcohol issues.

Seasons and South of Heaven are my favourite Slayer albums.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed on all points. Reign in Blood is overrated, IMO

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    I was there too, but not my first gig. That would be Nuclear Assault at Glasgow Mayfair in 89!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014

I do remember Seb Bach falling on his arse right at the start of Skid Row's set.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j9zD9xBGz3c

Somewhere around 17 seconds in......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DiscoStu said:
    I was there too, but not my first gig. That would be Nuclear Assault at Glasgow Mayfair in 89!

Nice, polite MOR band I take it B-)

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Yeah, power ballad heaven! ;) Turns out I wasn't at Donington in 92. It was 95. Slayer and Skid Row played that one too so when I saw the vids being posted it looked familiar.
    DiscoStu said:
    Yeah, power ballad heaven! ;) Turns out I wasn't at Donington in 92. It was 95. Slayer and Skid Row played that one too so when I saw the vids being posted it looked familiar.

I was at 95 too, Me and a mate were rigt down the front, in the mosh pit for Slayer....

Steve (my mate) punched some poor bastard right in the face, worryingly the recipient enjoyed that........

Later we were having a beer with some Dutch fella's before Metallica came on. Brilliant day out.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    DiscoStu said:
    I still love NA now....  Saw them in Camden about five years ago.   I was very drunk but it was a cracking little gig...

First Thrash show for me was Slayer at The Marquee in 85 - I bunked off school for that one...
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Great footage! Kerry King with hair! For me, Seasons was their peak, but sadly most of what followed wasn't worthy of the name Slayer
    completely agree…to this day there is no song that will get me fired up as much as War ensemble...