NCD!

What's Hot
ValendomValendom Frets: 4
edited January 2014 in Amps
Been a member of this very forum for quite a while but have made very few posts however the postman dropped by with a little delivery earlier on and I felt the need to share some pics with you guys on here as my  wife is sick of me talking about it for the past 2 hours.

I've only had a really quick play at lowish volumes tonight but what really great cab makers Zilla are. Paul is a top bloke who is very knows his stuff. Its loaded with 65 creambacks, they seem like a very good speaker but a good run at band volume tomorrow will tell more.

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep.........as you can tell I have no idea how to post a picture....
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Upload to a hosting site and paste direct link.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • @jd0272 cheers.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    No bother. My Mrs likes the purple   ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Nice!
  • Nice. I just got a zilla 112 with creamback myself. Still waiting for head so couldn't test it at loud volumes. Please do let us know once you'll give creamback a proper test.
  • Hmmm...nice. Very Soldano-esque colour...any coincidence that it's sitting underneath a JCA22H?
    <space for hire>
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Nice, I love Paul's cabs.

Very interested to hear how people are getting on with the Creambacks. I've got a vague plan to change the speakers in one of my Zilla 2x12 to those....needs to be later in the year though when I've got the funds.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    Valendom said:
    <SNIP> my  wife is sick of me talking about it for the past 2 hours.

...remind her of this fact next time a Bag and Shoes comes in the door...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Will let you know how it sounds after a good test run tonight.

• How did the cab do last night mate? Happy with Creambacks?
  • ValendomValendom Frets: 4
    edited January 2014

If I'm honest I was expecting more but they really haven't broken in properly yet so it would be unfair of me to say too much.

I found them a little harsher than I expected but after a bit of eq tweaking I found something I liked a little better but didn't have a wow moment that I thought I would do. I was a using a Jet City 22h and have since read that some users have found SLO type circuits to not gel too well with this speaker but as I said they are far from broken and I am hoping they will mellow.

Dependant on gig I swop between using a Jet City 22h, DSL 50 and JVM so it will be interesting to see how the Marshalls take to this speaker. Hoping to try over the weekend. Once they have a few more hours on them it will be interesting to see how they have developed.

In summary, the bottom end is massive but they was just a bit of a harshness in the upper mid/high frequencies that bugged me. I had just unplugged from an early 80s JCM 800 4x12 with original G12-65s which sound very good with the Jet City so that could have had a bid affect on the way I perceived the tone.

Will let you know how I'm getting on.

• Thanks for the update mate.

I've been advised this speaker when mentioned JCA50H actually :/ it might be the case that they're not broken in yet (hopefully) so please keep this us posted.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2351
    Nice :D
  • @bigbearkris I had another blast for an hour or so this morning and was much happier with the results. The cab is sounding better and and better as the speakers break in. Think they are going to be very nice one they have a load of hours on them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's good news mate, happy to hear that. Maybe with every next use it'll get better