NGD (small bodied guitar at last)

wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 255
edited October 2016 in Acoustics
had a wanted ad in the classifieds for a while & have searched endlessly for the holy grail, convinced myself that I didn't want something vintage & fragile , but idealy something newer & perhaps more robust. Had a trip to Bath yesterday & as you do called in at Vintage & Rare & tried out a few things including a Yairi G-1f which was ok & nearly came home, also tried the Dave King L00 which was worth every penny of the £2K price tag but above my budget, so headed off to stay with my daughter in Chippenham for a couple of days with some cash still burning a hole in my pocket, while I was there got offered something that met most of my criteria except one & collected it on the way home this afternoon. What did the old fool buy then, I hear you ask ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8365249/thumb_IMG_0793_1024.jpg

couldn't help myself, absolute peach of a guitar, mid '60's epi caballero in very good order, no splits, cracks or repairs, neck relief spot on, much lacquer checking, nut width of 42mm (1inch5/8") might be a bit narrow for some but works ok for me, with the words " this is definitely the last guitar I buy " ringing in my wife's ears how could I not bring it home and theres always next year to look for something more robust, mike b.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments