SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For sale again (No Trades): Gibson Les Paul '59

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    beed84 said:
    Here is what I've been informed.

As for spec - well, it is around the 8.5lb mark though I cannot be certain.  I know this might seem on the light side for a LP, but it is definitely not chambered or weight relieved in any way, it is solid.  LPR9 just don't weigh as much as everyone thinks they do.  It was bought from Andertons in 2013 and according to them, the guitar was built in 2012. 

Also, it is actually 9 months old, not 6.  Sorry to misinform.  Anyone who is interested is more than welcome to try it if they wish. 
    :)
    R9s are generally lighter than other R series guitars as they save the best (lightest) mahogany for them. It would be good to know an accurate weight though, rather than 'around'. Also, if it is a 2012 it would have the undesirable laminated two-piece fingerboard, but the serial number suggests 2011 when the 'boards were one piece. Might be worth asking Andertons where they got 2012 from - that may be when they bought it in, but that doesn't mean that was the year when it was made. These may seem minor details but they're important to R9 aficionados! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The last picture shows the serial number starts with 91xxxxx That means the guitar is a 2011 and thus will not have a two piece fretboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Bump
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

For the record and according to an email response I got from Gibson, nearly all 2012 and 2013 models have laminated boards, as will many from 2014. The exception is the Custom Shop models which have first dabs on the one piece boards.

I enquired because I was hoping one of mine was laminated for stability.  Then I removed the nut and found out its a one piece board :(

It appears they still have plenty of thin pieces of RW left to use.

For the record and according to an email response I got from Gibson, nearly all 2012 and 2013 models have laminated boards, as will many from 2014. The exception is the Custom Shop models which have first dabs on the one piece boards.

I enquired because I was hoping one of mine was laminated for stability.  Then I removed the nut and found out its a one piece board :(

It appears they still have plenty of thin pieces of RW left to use.

I was referring to Custom Shop/Historic/R series guitars above. My understanding is that they moved to laminated boards for these guitars for 2012 only, although as you say removing the nut to check is the only sure way to know. As for Standards and Traditionals etc, well, who cares really?!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • how much are you looking for?
    how much are you looking for?
    Er... have you read the first post in the thread??
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Brize said:
    Nothing wrong with the Gibson logo - that's perfectly normal and more noticeable because the light's hitting it in the photo. Great price for an R9.
    Agree with this. Same as my 330 vos purchased from new
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, I should have edited the thread.  The guitar is now  SOLD back for sale due to a time waster.
    Bump.  For sale again.

Price drop to £2400!!!
    BUMP