project bass

I started this a long time ago but along with all the others I was meant to be building, I put it to one side.

The only good thing is that it's for me rather than a customer, so no-one has been waiting for me to get it finished.

Here's the latest picture - There isn't a massive amount left to do so I thought I'd try and get myself moving - and alongside this, get my friend's guitar finished too (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/66854/last-guitar#latest) as I've done nothing since starting that thread :(

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsbass3jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's a bloody good start, what sort of finish you got planned for it?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Ooooooh.......I LIKE that :)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7778
    That's a bloody good start, what sort of finish you got planned for it?

Clear on the neck (which is Purple Heart), I've not decided yet about the body, whether to go for clear (the back has some dark patches that aren't very photogenic), stain/clear, tinted clear, or even a solid colour (though I think that might be too much for the neck unless it was something like white).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • It's a dark stain for me. I know you have some dark patches on the back but...meh. Who can see those when it matters, which is when you're playing it? Keep that nice grain visible, but something nice and dark should be ideal imo.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.