Alice Cooper Brutally Live Tonight 10pm BBC4

SetzerSetzer Frets: 37
I noticed that Alice Cooper Brutally Live is on Tonight 10pm BBC4 in case anyone is interested.

It follows Born To Be Wild a documentary about rock music/stars in the 70s.

Looks like a few hours of something decent to watch.
Valar Morghulis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    edited January 2014
    Saw the last hour of AC. Pretty good, he's a great showman.
    How many more times are they going to show Guitar Heroes on these rock theme nights though? Jeez., put together something new, the Beeb must have gazillions of hours of recorded music in the vaults.
    And FFS I've seen that New York Dolls clip twice this week already, it's on the OGWT program and Sounds of the 70s. :x
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    I must admit I don't get Alice Cooper. I know he was an innovator in terms of shock tactics back in the early 70s, and he has written a couple of good songs, but I watched Brutally Live and thought it was pretty poor. The music was second-rate rock cliché, the theatrics were creaky at best and the overall performance was a bit shambolic… all a bit Spinal Tap really. Maybe you had to be there to feel the atmosphere, I don't know.

I hear he's a nice guy though.

I downloaded Born To Be Wild and will watch it later… the first part was really good.

Totally agree about the repetitive overplaying of a small number of archive clips as well. Maybe they just can't find much more that hasn't got DJs on who are now non-acceptable for broadcast…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@ICBM ; that's kind of the point of AC, you switch off the outside world and immerse yourself in something completely unreal.

I liked but didn't "get" AC until I saw him play live, then I totally understood what he was about.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2014

He is still up there with his 70's self it seems.  Amazing really and he doesn't feel the need to load himself up and knock out his drummer.

Almost as weird as the fact that he has looked the same age since age 16.

I do like the Les Paul unison bends 70's rock feel of the old stuff but that is about it.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited January 2014
    he would rather be playing golf... that totally kills it for me...

Although the throwing of the top hat to be caught on the drummers drumstick was well cool...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I'm watching it at the moment. 

It's cheesy 70's theatrical cock rock and like Kiss must be enjoyed in that context.