First in a while

What's Hot
ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
Tomorrow night I shall be playing a pub gig for the first time in a decade. 
I'm reminded why I don't like them, space is at a premium and I'm only allowed 2 guitars, my 20w practice combo and simple pedal board.
I expect to be in front of the bog door too.
Keyboard player is ocd and will craze my arse because he will be squashed. Only compensation is being extra close to the girls on vocals.
We took the gig last week when the golf club gig for the evening fell through. Sure I will enjoy it when I'm there, I'm a proper grumpy old man aren't I. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Sounds like one guitar too many, to me…

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    No,one might be a Gibson so losing a headstock is always a possibility. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Where are you playing?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Queen vic maldon. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Gigging is all about streamlining for me, the smallest amps, two or three pedals and almost always just one guitar.

It mystifies me how anyone can concentrate on doing a good job when surrounded by their life savings in a boozer.

I used to gig with a bassist who'd have a rack of five pro-quality basses, a three grand amp and his chord charts scrolling on Macbook at his feet. My idea of a great gig was being jammed onstage with a load of drunk, sweaty girls all singing our encore with us, it was his idea of hell.

And he was shit, unsurprisingly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    ESBlonde said:
    No,one might be a Gibson so losing a headstock is always a possibility. 
    Take the other one :).

That's actually one of the reasons I've very rarely used a Gibson for gigs. I always think it increases the risk of something getting knocked over (or stolen, for that matter) if you take more than the absolute bare minimum. If you keep the spare guitar in a case it's maybe not too bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    edited November 2016
    ESBlonde said:
    Queen vic maldon. 
    Ahhhh, that's a bit too far for a quick pint on a Friday eve!

Have a good 'un
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    @ICBM ;I decided against the Gibbo, Trusty strat and tele for variety/backup. most of the first set favours the tele and the second favours the strat. Swinging the 335 in a tight space gives me the hebegebies.
    Thanks for the thought @TTony, it's a bit far for me too but the band are centred in that far off land of Essex so I have to travel sometimes.
    @p90fool I am well used to being surrounded by many of my worldy treasures since I used to own a big PA and lighting rig. Watching some twunt trying to use your outbourd rack as drinks stand despite the fact that you'd deliberatly canted it at an angle and covered it in crap to dissuade the mindless and fenced the mixer off. That still doesn't mean I'm not shit though ;-)
    Well that was interesting. I played round the corner and only 6 people could see me. Moving furniture took longer than setting up the gear and a few faces popped round the corner to see who was playing the lead breaks now and again. Little Marshall avt20 was adequate volume wise with gain and master about 2/3 up. Although the tone is somewhat one dimensional compared to normal, I doubt anyone else noticed. Nice to have a blow through with the band though.