Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

budget digital delay recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Depends on your definition of "budget", but I had good experiences with the Hardwire DL-8. It's similar to the Flashback, albeit not as good IMO - the notched pots and specific time ranges are irritating, and the modulated delay mode is nowhere near as good - but you can pick them up for about £65 second hand. They can also do line level, if that makes a difference to you.

If you can afford a Flashback, though, do it. They're brilliant.

Been looking at this another way now.

A)keep memory toy and use a digi delay to supplement it(have heard mixed things about the reliability of them though)
    B)sell memory toy and put money towards buying an all in one delay pedal(looking at the flashback)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Forgot to mention the Danelectro Dan Echo. Digital flexibility but with a lo-fi ish analogue type sound. Cheapish used.

Don't our old mates Joyo do a digital delay?
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited January 2014
    Nux Time Force. Analogue delay, Tube Echo, Tape Echo, Slapback, Digital Delay, Time Delay, Multi Head, Stereo delay, Ping Pong, Pan Delay and Reverse. As well as the effects it has a 40 second looper, tap and the ability to set up 9 presets. It has a small colour LED so you can see the values of the parameters

They're on sale at Amazon for £50 here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BK3VBWW at the moment. Absolute bargain.

I bought one for my "budget board" project. They alsy have the Mod Force on sale at the same price.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I've got a Digidelay for sale, £40 posted. Nearly mint and boxed.

As has been said, excellent pedal and better IMO than the DD3.

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    another vote for the Nux Timeforce. I got mine via an ebay seller named alan33g. £43 delivered. I've bought a couple of necks from him as well, all good
  • martinw;136662" said:
    I've got a Digidelay for sale, £40 posted. Nearly mint and boxed.As has been said, excellent pedal and better IMO than the DD3.
    Yup, do this. I paid 40 for mine, and happily would again if I didn't already have another delay. You'll not regret a penny of that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    If you're talking proper low budget, I used to have the Joyo Digital Delay (1st gen silver one) which I think can be had brand new for about £24 these days.  Perfectly serviceable and capable for a basic clean delay sound.  I just used it for a simple short delay and used my Deluxe Memory Boy for the clever ambience and tap tempo stuff.  I've since replaced it with a Carbon Copy but in all honesty I could have got on just fine with the Joyo, it was full of useful sounds.  Lent it to a bandmate for a while and he loved it and bought his own.  It's not big or clever and doesn't have a fancy name on it but it's solidly built and sounds great for the price.
    After some different trials and reading reviews etc I just put an order in for one of these:

It was between this and the digidelay but I read a number of conflicting reports about the Digidelays reliability.

Tried a mates Hardwire and was blown away buy what was on offer and my mind was made up.

Going to sell the memory toy off to make up the extra cash for the Hardwire.

Now I play the waiting game with the postman!

• Great pedal! It probably sounds similar, but I know these are built at least as well and they have a proper looper.

I imagine the sounds on offer are probably a bit nicer as well - which bodes well for you!
    Yeh I'm really chuffed with my purchase decision.

Hearing it in person was the deciding moment really.

Ironically not bothered about the looper as I already run a ditto in my chain. I was just after the high quality versatile delays.

Then again I suppose I could run both loopers and have double the fun.
    :))

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    ICBM said:
    The Boss DD-3 is about as simple as a digital delay gets, sounds great and is not expensive these days.
    This. 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

DL8 turned up looking like it had been drop kicked around the street, scratched and marked to hell(supposedly a new pedal)

Plugged it in and didn't work so its going back. :(

I'm putting digital delay on the back burner for now.