SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(Sorted) WTB quality used acoustic - up to 2k - WHY ?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
edited December 2016 in Acoustics £
Per my lengthy recent acoustic choosing thread I can see the merits in many kinds of acoustic guitars, and am now really quite GASsy - what do you have to dangle? 

Tim 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I Have one of these I'm thinking of selling as it's not getting the use it deserves.

A bit off the beaten track as it's the rarer pre-war style "slot headstock" 12 fret model.

Let me know if it's your kind of thing and you want to see pictures of the actual guitar.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06063014365728

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Might sell my Michael Sanden spruce/mahogany - see the Bluesy Slide Piece in Open D thread on the Making Music sub forum to see it in use.
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    Toying with the idea of parting with my vintage 1966 Gibson j50.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Pm,d
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited November 2016
    The guitarguitar Taylor snap-sale  might be worth a look.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    The guitarguitar Taylor snap-sale  might be worth a look.
    cheers
    Red ones are better. 
  • Hi TimmyO. I have been thinking long and hard about parting with my Taylor 514e 2013 fall limited. I purchased the guitar new (NOS) in Nov 2015. It has a european spruce top (slight bear-claw) with adirondack bracing. Back and sides are figured mahogony. Inlays and rosette are boxwood. This has the ES2 system. There is quite a bit of discussion on this limited model. It is in excellent condition. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.
    Hi,
    yes, I've never played a Taylor but I've now been offered 5 (!) - happy to hear more 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Hi TommyO. The 514 or x14 series guitàrs are Taylor's grand auditorium style body (or GA). Dimension wise the body is the same width as a dread at 16" but the waist and upper bout is narrower. I chose this over a Martin OM21 ( which had the same scale length (25.4) and nut width (1.75")) which I also liked but preferred the sound of them mahogony and the slightly larger body  - especially when playing in DADGAD. I play mostly fingerstyle but believe this model perfect if you do both fingerstyle and strumming. The guitar has not been used much by me and I can not find a blemish on it. It comes with he a great dark brown hard case and all documents. One further point - I used to play exclusively electric guitàrs (sold my custom 24 to buy this) and feel that the low action and modern neck shape allowed me to transition easier than a more vintage correct neck shape. I hope this helps - let me know if you have a any questions. Thanks.
  • Apologies......should have read TimmyO........thanks
  • Hi @TimmyO. Are Lowdens your thing? I have a late 1990s Lowden O25 (Cedar top, Rosewood back) looking for a new home. It would take all of your budget. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send photos and more details.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SickSquidSickSquid Frets: 152
    edited November 2016
    Adamas top of the range W597

SickSquid said:
    Adamas top of the range W597

Handsome though that it is it's not the kind of thing I'm looking for SickSquid
    thanks
    Red ones are better. 

I Have one of these I'm thinking of selling as it's not getting the use it deserves.

A bit off the beaten track as it's the rarer pre-war style "slot headstock" 12 fret model.

Let me know if it's your kind of thing and you want to see pictures of the actual guitar.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/acoustic_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06063014365728

Thanks @steviebee74 - not quite my kind of thing - I remember these all mahogany ones getting great reviews though - sure you'll find a happy buyer 
    Red ones are better. 
    edited November 2016

Hi @TimmyO. Are Lowdens your thing? I have a late 1990s Lowden O25 (Cedar top, Rosewood back) looking for a new home. It would take all of your budget. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send photos and more details.
    I had a very similar Avalon (during that period they were only hand making and there was no Lowden t speak of) and I really liked it - bigger body size than I was planning on I think but go on - drop me a mail to timodonnell.uk at gmail.com and I shall have  think ... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I've got a Furch 12 Fret Dreadnought (Spruce/Rosewood) if you are interested.  Currently on consignment sale in a shop but I can bring it home.
    crunchman said:
    I've got a Furch 12 Fret Dreadnought (Spruce/Rosewood) if you are interested.  Currently on consignment sale in a shop but I can bring it home.
    Hi @crunchman - I've decided this purchase won't be a Dreadnaught - thanks for the offer though 
    Red ones are better. 
    I've caught up with replies to everyone via PM and email - summary being I'm still looking.

Came *extremely* close to splashing the cash on one offered via here but it wasn't quite to be (I may yet regret that decision but ho hum) 

So if you have anything or indeed see anything online or locally do let me know!

ta
    Tim
    Red ones are better. 
  • PM sent.
  • swampyswampy Frets: 33
    Hi Tim,  just a suggestion, would it be better to list the guitars you are interested in ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom