Classical electros for under £200 ... can it be done?

Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited November 2016 in Acoustics
I've got some acoustic gigs coming up for our non acoustic band. Now I can borrow a steel string takamine for gigs so I'm covered, but it's exposed a gap in my arsenal. To be a different I though I'd go nylon rather than steel strings, and electro so I can amp it up. 

Are there decent offerings for under £200? I've seen an Admira Sara EC for £160 on line, any thoughts?

The band is mostly prog/folk so finger style will be the way forward in the acoustics gigs future and my own shizzles. 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't play much classical, have only played about 5 in my life when I went with my friend to GG to buy one. The best to me was a Yamaha CG122, it sounded really good and played quite nicely. I think the others we tried were the Ibanez GA6, the Cordoba C5,  the Takamine GC1 and the Sigma CM6. The Takamine was a close second and apart from the Ibanez, the only one with a pickup.

It costs £250 though. 
  • I wanted a cheap electro acoustic to noodle on and recently bought a gear4music thinline eclectro classical for £99. It's not a Lowden or a Taylor. But there's nothing obviously wrong with it, and it's way better than I had expected it to be. It's nice to play and sounds ok - both acoustically and amplified.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Dunno if you're still looking, but the Crafter series have/had some decent models.  Sheehan's in Leicester are dealers for them, so not too far for you to nip over and try one...

I was on a cruise ship last year, and got chatting to the guitarist in one of the bands - he was using one for a bossa/jazz set, and it sounded great.  Played nicely, too.