Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Simon Pegg

What's Hot
legendary actor or generally annoying?

I'm going for generally annoying but think it's more due to the typecast roles he takes, the eccentric Brit included for comic effect as in the Mission Impossible and Star Trek fims.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Annoying in the extreme.

My worst nightmare would be a night out with him and James Corden....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    I only really know him from spaced which is one of my all time favourite shows.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2400
    In Spaced and the Cornetto trilogy he was superb,  his timing brilliant and the camera loves him,  but everything else I've seen him in he looks out of his depth.  
  • apart from Spaced which was superd I can take or leave his other work, I quite liked How to Lose Friends and Alienate People tho, and Burke and Hare but that was more for Serkis who IMO is brilliant
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    edited November 2016
    Spaced and the first two Edgar Wright directed films are superb, the quality of writing was exceptional. 

After that he and Nick Frost seem really one dimensional.  If you've seen one of his performances you've seen them all. I liked Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz was ok but World's End was a piece of shit. 

Due to his persona some might call him a cnut as well. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/23/simon-pegg-star-trek-into-darkness
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I like him, I always thought that Big Train was underrated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3285
    edited November 2016
    scrumhalf said:
    I like him, I always thought that Big Train was underrated.
    Big Train was awesome, not because of Pegg tho

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I like him, but then he's a film nerdy type of person that I think I probably am a bit myself. He's living his dreams. Parts in film franchises he loved as a kid etc. Good luck to him.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'e met him, een though I loed Spaced, I said "I can't beliee I'm shaking hands with a film star". I want to die looking back
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    I like him. Spaced is a series I frequently revisit along with SOTD and Hot Fuzz. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24269
    I like him. 
  • Hot Fuzz is shit IMO

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hector and thesearch for happiness is probajly my fave film with him. Love spaced. 
  • Without doubt he is generally annoying. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Very talented guy. Shaun of the dead was utterly brilliant. I think he deserves the success he's had. Not everyone's cup of tea but then who is?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    axisus said:
    Very talented guy. Shaun of the dead was utterly brilliant. I think he deserves the success he's had. Not everyone's cup of tea but then who is?
    Wisdom awarded.

• Spaced was shit. Hot Fuzz etc was shit. Star Trek was and is shit. Kevin Smith did geek culture first, funnier, and better. not a Pegg fan at all.

Fact: a few years ago, I dated a woman who lived with Pegg and Frost in academic days. When we split up, I watched Spaced again and realised she wasn't lying when she said that a lot of Daisy's mannerisms were taken from her. It was fucking weird seeing a sitcom where one character is essentially what your girlfriend was like.

Fact 2: the same woman ended up on TV not so long ago hosting a sex chat show. An admirable effort for a person with comfortably the shallowest vagina I've ever encountered. It was like stuffing your little finger into a thimble in terms of coverage.

15reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Spaced was shit. Hot Fuzz etc was shit. Star Trek was and is shit. Kevin Smith did geek culture first, funnier, and better. not a Pegg fan at all.

Fact: a few years ago, I dated a woman who lived with Pegg and Frost in academic days. When we split up, I watched Spaced again and realised she wasn't lying when she said that a lot of Daisy's mannerisms were taken from her. It was fucking weird seeing a sitcom where one character is essentially what your girlfriend was like.

Fact 2: the same woman ended up on TV not so long ago hosting a sex chat show. An admirable effort for a person with comfortably the shallowest vagina I've ever encountered. It was like stuffing your little finger into a thimble in terms of coverage.
    I'm not sure whether to award this post a wisdom, a LOL, or a Wow as it qualifies for all. 

Fine work my good sir. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I'm not sure how Fact 2 relates to Simon Pegg but I'm sure she will be delighted that you chose to share that insight with us.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22790
    @Heartfeltdawn  Are you trying to take over some kind of shock value mantle, or just going for Wows?  Where the fuck did that post come from?

Anyway, for what it's worth I like Simon Pegg in Big Train, Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (I think the latter borders on genius).  The World's End was a disappointment.  His more mainstream stuff (especially the dire romcoms like Run Fatboy Run and Man Up) I can do without. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom